1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Case Guards, Anyone?

GAZL900 Apr 3, 2009

1. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

You are on the list and I will be contacting everyone soon. :hello:

2. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

Bump. Hows it going getting a fabricator?

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Not yet but I'm still on the hunt. Good help is certainly hard to find these days but I'll find someone to do 'em MY way. When I tell them they have to have pretty welds they laugh........which disqualifies them immediately! No dirt dobber welds.....they have to be nice!

4. aljjess

aljjess Member

Is it possible to still get on the list? I'm in for a set.

5. markus56

You are now on the list sir. Hopefully, I'll have an update soon on the production of these guards. :thumbsup:

6. aljjess

aljjess Member

Thank you!

7. markus56

Well, it looks like I've finally found a suitable shop to do these crash bars for us now. It's been a few weeks since we polled interest on these so I need everyone to re-interate your support of this effort. I'm taking the jig and bars I have to be replicated to the shop Wednesday for evaluation of price so stay tuned. My goal is to keep the price @ $80.00 like they were when our member made them for us before. They will be provided to our membership at cost to me and shipping. :thumbsup: If anyone else wants some, speak now or forever hold your peace!

8. aljjess

aljjess Member

I am in for a set....Thank You!

9. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

Better speak up now boys!!!! Mark u the man.....thanks for helping out the guys!!!:thumbsup: Myself don't like the look of them....but hey look at my bike...wouldn't look good on the "NASTY".....::nono:

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I think they are more for protecting the motors cases rather than for looks. I have a set of the OEM ones in chrome. I'm not really sure when they will make it onto my bike. MadMan you need them for the next time you go drag racing on that narrow side street next to that corn field. :laughing7:

11. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

I'm in....:notworthy:

12. Braaapp

Braaapp Member

I'm interested in a set:headbang:

13. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I'm in for a set...Possibly 2. Thanks Mark. :headbang:

14. markus56

Come on guys, there was alot more than this a few months ago. I'll leave this up for a few more days but I'll need more confirmation than has been shown for me to proceed. I do believe I've found the right shop to do them. :thumbsup:

15. aljjess

aljjess Member

When can I send you the Money?

16. markus56

I won't proceed until more interest is shown. I'm NOT gonna' try and eat a dozen pairs of crash guards........

17. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Sorry, I missed your post where you wanted us to re-iterate our interest. Set me up for 2.

18. mikemerriam

mikemerriam Active Member

Sign me up for 1 set. How long before you place the order with your Fab guy? I ok with payment now if parts are complete April/ May

19. thegrindrr

thegrindrr Member

I would like a set for a ZL1000. Are there any pics available? Are they similar to the original OEM design?
    Thanks,
    Jim

20. markus56

Page #2, thread #19