1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL900 Eliminator, "poor man's VMax?"...

Crazyhorse Sep 26, 2009

1. Blue-Grass-Tornado

Blue-Grass-Tornado _________________________ BANNED

Old thread I know, but when I saw "poor man's VMAX", I had to post it here. Just found this picture today on the web. Looks like something Madmann would do............LOL!!!

[​IMG]

2. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

Back in 85/86 I could have had any Yamaha at dealer cost (Family owned business) I chose the ZL900 over it as it was a better all around bike and looked much better! So for me I don't see why anyone would want to make a zl look like a v-max and I never could would or did consider it a poor mans version of one as the v-max back than would have actually cost me less than the zl did.

3. Blue-Grass-Tornado

Blue-Grass-Tornado _________________________ BANNED

I think you made a fine choice Paul! It just cracks me up what some guys will do to their bikes! I think I'm going to get some decals and put "Eliminator" on the side of my VMAX! LOL!!!!!!!!

4. HilbillyRokstar

HilbillyRokstar _________________________ BANNED

I like the belly pan on this bike. The fake intakes look just as silly on either bike. :rotf: The biggest problem I have ever had with the Vmax is how handling is affected by acceleration (esp. in turns) and how ineffective the brakes are.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  5. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

The gas mask is a nice touch