1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

zl400 carb cleaning

Guest Jul 26, 2007

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi all. I have an Eli which a friend of mine helped me strip and rebuild. It had been through hell in a previous life. Anyway this evening on his advice we'll be cleaning the carbs. I have managed to get hold of:

zl400 microfiches
    ZL600 service manual
    and found it referenced the base manual for carburetor cleaning information. So I looked for this and found that it was the gpx600. I couldn't get a hold of it but I got the zl900 base manual which is the gpz900.

So, to cut a long story short. What is the fuel height uncompressed and does anyone know (yet another manual request thread) where I can get hold of the relevant pages from the gpx600. The previous owner tells me he still has the manuals on order. :/

Any help or specific measurement greatfully received. I have tried all the major avenues for documentation and actually found a couple of copies that just didn't pan out. One wanted a text message in Poland and another was a broken link...

Stephen

2. ARCHIVE_vin

ARCHIVE_vin Guest

Hi Stephen,
    you may want to try posting on the

zl-oa.com forum.

It is a much more active site than this one, with a lot of people who log on to both sites and are very helpful.
    Have you tried the search option on this site ? It may throw something up for you to follow.
    Good luck,
    Vin