1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL1000, starter motor issues. the old clunk and grind.

Wads_ZL1 Sep 18, 2019

1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

The Green Lobby has virtually killed off roading here! People take their bikes to the IOM now, to ride off road freely n' without major hassles!

2. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

Yes, lots of dirt roads, pine forests and native forests. Also 15 minutes from the beach and national park full of sand dunes with a lot of single tracks. Great place to be.
    I've got an '06 ktm525exc, awesome machines. It was a birthday present to myself a few years ago. The 504 would be a great bike to rip up the tracks :) I've never ridden one but can imagine it shaking your eyeballs out of their sockets lol.

3. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

That is a shame. Hope they relax the laws so people can start enjoying the countryside more.

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I owned my 1984 KTM 504 from 1985 to 1997. I paid only $500 for it. It had blowen crack seals when I bought it. The P O over filled it with oil. :laughing7:. I bought my Son Jonathan a 1994 Suzuki JR 50 for XMAS in 1995 for $600 when he was 5 years old. Here in Deltona FL we have 32 miles of trails laid out over 12 parcels of private land. We start at our place and do a loop. I can cover it in about 40 minutes or less. IMG_8166.JPG IMG_8167.JPG IMG_8168.JPG IMG_8169.JPG IMG_8170.JPG IMG_8171.JPG IMG_8172.JPG

Trojan441, markus56 and Wads_ZL1 like this.
  5. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: During the rainy season our trails distance is cut in half because some trails are under water. We have a lot of public land to ride on as well.

7. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

8. MachIV

MachIV Senior Member

I've got one of those signals but the post would probably be more than it's worth.

9. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

Hi MachIV, it would be worth it to have a full set. I'm quite a fan of the style and the all metal construction. How much would you be asking and how much would the post be to Australia?
    Do you know what bike they are from originally? Thanks

10. MachIV

MachIV Senior Member

They are aftermarket and cheap.
    I'll see if I can find the brand and you can check US Ebay.

11. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 Member

No worries, thanks heaps. They dont look like a cheap set but fingers crossed. I haven't been able to find anything even remotely similar over here.