1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL1000 in Pa

Bozang1 Jan 4, 2018

1. Bozang1

Bozang1 Well-Known Member

Well, I've decided to post my ZL1000 up. I just don't have time to ride it at all and hate for it to just sit in the back of the garage. It's in very nice shape but not perfect, not original. I only have this one pic that I can post, not the best pic but it is what it is. As far as I know, the only non stock items are the horns which look nice, the grips, and the D and D 4 into 1 exhaust. I'm not sure if they jetted the carbs when they did that but I'm gonna guess no. Could use a carb cleaning/adjustment, getting harder to start. Other than that, runs great, shifts fine etc. Brand new DEKA battery over the summer. I have some misc spare parts/pieces that are included. I also have a set of horn covers that I'll be posting separately but if bike sells for asking price and I still have them I will include them. Off the top of my head, I think the miles are 32,000. I'm asking $2900 obo. In spring it will be $3200 obo. Texting or calling is the quickest way to contact me. If you don't have $ please don't waste my time. I'm only getting 2-3hrs sleep/night as it is. 609 941 9143 Boz

Attached Files:

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Well-Known Member

Hate to see ya sell, best of luck on the sale.

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Same here.....another long term member moving away from Eliminators....I hate to see that! Good luck with the sale Boz....

4. Bozang1

It's not that I don't like the bike or anything like that. I actually enjoy riding but just don't have the time and hate for it to sit and I just am not going to get to the carbs. I am more into classic cars. I have 2 already, just bought another and have another lined up. At least with the cars I can pile the family in and go cruising and get ice cream etc. The sale will help fund that addiction...lol. I'm sure I'll regret it

5. 87kawzl

What brand cars are you into?

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: BOZ: Sorry to see you sell your ZL. The few times that we talked on the phone you was :cool10: on riding. Just :happyfaceputt5k: around the block one time & you will change your mind. That's what I do.

7. Bozang1

I'm into all cars but prefer classics. Currently I have a very nice 79 monte, a 72 cutlass I picked up to mess around with (still accumulating parts before I start on it), I just bought a very nice 74 super beetle karmann convertible and may trade my backhoe for a nice original 80 vette.
    Yeah, maybe it's just the winter getting to me, but I do enjoy riding just haven't gotten out much last 2 seasons. I like to take nice scenic rides away from all the traffic. Who knows, we'll see what happens...

8. Bozang1

IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0067.JPG IMG_2291.JPG IMG_2346.PNG

9. 87kawzl

Nice stable!

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. They all must of been kept away from the road salt, tar & chip and PA pot holes.

11. Bozang1

I got the monte in NY (not sure if that's where it primarily was though), the cutlass was a PA car, the VW is a PA car, the vette is a PA car

12. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I love that Cutlass....My dream car is a 69 H/O

13. Bozang1

Bump