1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Zl1000 custom saddles now available

Bacchus Jun 16, 2010

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: It was part of a bundle with other parts that I do not recall what they were. He did say the seat was $50, but the shipping was $75 so I had him add 5 other small things to justify the large box that the seat had to be put in. I got it from a member. There was a newer cover on it & could have been used as is.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: While guys I picked up my spare seat this morning. He could not do exactly to it the way I wanted. It is close & gives my wife twice the sitting area. He did not have the inserts done so it has the 2 slots in it. They are for roids. :laughing7: Sucks to get old. He is making 2 sets of inserts. one set to completely fill the holes & another set will come up 1/2 way. I rode 100 miles this morning with no issues. That is a first in 3 years. My roids or back did not bother me. He added 2 " of foam to the front & widened it 2 1/2 ". The passanger part he added 4 " to the height & made it 4 " wider. He took away 2 " of the driver rear section & added it to the passengers seat. So I'm just going to ride my bike to VMD. So someone bring an extra sleeping bag & some clothes for me. :laughing7:

Attached Files:

3. Blue-Grass-Tornado

Blue-Grass-Tornado _________________________ BANNED

Well, I hope it's comfortable on the a$$, because it sure looks like a$$...................... :laughing7:

4. HilbillyRokstar

HilbillyRokstar _________________________ BANNED

Whoa...why don't you tell him what you really think!:pistols:

5. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Really? . . . if that's azz, then what is this? :laughing7:

Attached Files:

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I do not care a rats a s s what the hell you a ss wipes think. I ride. I do not sit & look at my bike like most of you do. Ya bunch of sissy la la punk beoches. :laughing7:

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Is that a factory set up. Looks ok.

8. HilbillyRokstar

Well...it's not a particularly good looking bike to begin with...but...according to guys that like those horrible handling atrocities...those adjustable backrests are worth their weight in gold..veritable hens teeth...if you will. :rotf: ...and yes RJ...it is a factory Honda option.

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I just said it was. I did not do it for looks. That is why I have 2 seats. If it gives me more time in the saddle then it is a good thing. Next is a 6 gal. trunk & hard saddle bags. So how does that grab ya.

10. HilbillyRokstar

I saw a "make offer" deal on a Windjammer fairing....you want I should check on it for you RJ? Might go well with the right set of hard bags! :thumbsup:

11. Blue-Grass-Tornado

Blue-Grass-Tornado _________________________ BANNED

Come on RJ, you know I was just funnin' with ya'!!!! :rotf:

12. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

:laugh:

13. HilbillyRokstar

I'm NOT kidding about the Windjammer...if looks are not important, they are the hot ticket! I have logged TONS of miles with one, but I am too much of a vain la la whateva to use one! :rotf:

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: No, I was only kidding about the trunk & bags. I already have my Nighthawk for that. That is if & when I have time to finish it.

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: No It is sissy La La. :rotf::rotf:

16. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I'll fun with ya. You hurt my little feelings. :rotf: I'm not going to be your friend anymore. I am not going to let you sell me anymore parts at a good price ever again. :rotf: I was mad for about 3 nano sec. My oldest son is my biggest critic & he actually liked my seat. His skinny little girl friend will fall in the roid hole. :laughing7: