1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Zl1000 custom saddles now available

Bacchus Jun 16, 2010

1. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I knew you couldn't resist!!!!!!!!:)

2. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

No, I couldn't . . .

3. HilbillyRokstar

HilbillyRokstar _________________________ BANNED

Have you looked into a flip up k/q like Corbin makes? Also...how much trouble would it be to make a custom LTD 1100? I've got one that is shaped different already that I'm pretty happy with, how much if you just recovered it for me?:pistols:

4. kawboy

For an Eliminator? You're kidding, right?

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I have 2 seats for my ZL 1. The original in perfect condition. I have a custom seat being made for my wife & I for long rides. It was designed by me. I will post up pics when I get it back from the upholster. I just hope it comes out the way I drew it up & that he understood what I wanted.

6. HilbillyRokstar

No...it lifts off in 2 SECONDS....literally! And there is no way I'm shaving off that very cool piece of metal like you did (not that there's anything wrong with that). I would like to take the pad off and re shape it like the 900s. Toss the flip seat on when the lady rides. Corbin seemed to get it when I spoke to em a few years ago...the only problem is it's not a normal seat for them and they could make it a lot easier if I were local. I have a couple of friends in Cali that may be able to help out in shaping it. Though I would rather it was something a member :thumbsup:made!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  7. HilbillyRokstar

He made me one for my 750 turbo that looked like a solo seat when it was down...it was awesome! He can also make them removable...if you prefer...:thumbsup:

8. HilbillyRokstar

I can't wait...it sounds HELLACOOL!!!

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Corbin. I do not like there seats. To hard & to expensive. My friend had a Corbin made for his Harley. He sent his seat to them. It was a 4 month turn around time & $400. Then he had to send it back. Only to wait another 4 months for it. I bought a used complete seat for $50 & I'm getting it made to my specs. with a life time warranty for $200. This guy has done 4 different dirt bike/ATV seats for me with no seams. One is 7 years old with no issues. He has had this seat for almost 2 months, but He had 2 complete cars ahead of me. He works alone out of his 4 bay garage at his home. He has been in business for @ 25 years.

10. HilbillyRokstar

Corbin is expensive, but he does good work, IF and only IF, you know what you are buying or can be there physically to give your input. I can get one for cost, no way I would pay retail for one of his seats!

11. HilbillyRokstar

On a side note...WOW....you got a used ZL seat for $50...that had to go down as the deal of the day!

12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello:My friend with the Corbin just stopped by & his seat is coming apart at the seams. It is only 3 years old. I rode his bike & the seat is very uncomfortable. My upholster said he redoes quite a few Corbins yearly with a synthetic type of leather. Corbin does not give a life time warranty. Most people can not be there in person & get it done at cost. My friend said he is not going to send it back because he does not want to wait another 4 months. What you are buying is a name & only a name.

13. HilbillyRokstar

I hear you...I never said I recommend them. The only thing I really like about them is the shape/design by which they create their products. I would love to find someone locally with that type of creativity when it comes to seat crafting! I hope your seat turns out well. You might let him know I am in the process of opening a shop and may be interested in featuring some of his work. I'm still a ways out, but it's something I know and love and will make happen!

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: The Name is Tom's Kustom Upholstery in Orange City FL. 386-785-5025. He is always swamped with work. When I was there last he was doing a complete job on a $80,000 Dodge Charger R/T. It was done in Black Cherry & was all chromed out.

15. OldRider

OldRider Active Member

This listing (320549567477) has been removed, or this item is not available. :icon_scratch:

16. kawboy

Check the ZL store, and/or send bacchus a pm.

17. HilbillyRokstar

Thanks RJ...I will ad him to my contacts. Do you have any idea what he might charge to recover my custom LTD seat?

18. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Not sure. He charged me $60 to redo my Yamaha 350 Warrior seat, but there was no sewing evolved. He did have to rebuild the foam it was starting to pile up in places. I called my Upholster my seat has been ready to be picked up for the past 2 weeks. He said he told me when it was going to be ready but I must have forgotten.

19. HilbillyRokstar

You know what's funny...I have an old Warrior that I can't bring myself to sell (I've done everything to it..bearings, cam kit, brakes, exhaust, jetting, razr tires etc.)...and it needs a new/better one than the last one that was only good for about 5 yrs.

20. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: My Warrior is a 2002. I bought it from a friend in 2004 for $1800. It must have a Zillion Hrs on it. It has been redone 3 times now. This last time My friend taught me how to port & polish it. I never knew it took so much time & effort. My hands went numb. It has a wiseco first over piston, hot cam, Kibblewhite racing valves, FMF powerbomb header & muffler. This last time I had to get the crank rebuilt. It is a great woods bike in the tight trails. I have pics of it in my album Other Toys.