1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Zl1000 custom saddles now available

Bacchus Jun 16, 2010

1. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

2. Bacchus

ok guys I got some pics on photo bucket now...!

ZL9 1" scooped with ostrich cover...nice & comfortable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ZL1000 new seat....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bacchus' signature series saddle....(on my bike)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before and after.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If anyone would like a custom sadlle for thier ZL9 or ZL10 please pm me !

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. Bacchus

new zl1k custome saddle design

ok fellas... recently got a new design custom saddle produced for your zl1k I am designating this one the "tourmaster" as it super comfy as well as super sharp lookin

scooped profile for custom good looks and most importantly rider\passanger comfort and secure seating position

[​IMG]

new seat design that is clearly custom without being too flashy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

passangers acomodations are equally well prepared as drivers... your ol lady will love this seat as much as you will !!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Re: new zl1k custome saddle design

That's a great looking seat Bacchus and I'm sure it's every bit as comfortable as the one I bought from you. This is a fantastic upgrade gentlemen.....well worth the $$$ you'll spend on it!!! You'll enjoy your investment mile after mile!! :hello:

5. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Nice seat bro!

6. snap2it

snap2it Well-Known Member

Thos seats look awesome. I am getting ready to restore and 85 ZL900 and may just get it done along with the backrest.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob Lipkind

7. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

8. Bacchus

nope... I dont make or sell crap saddles ... I dont make fugly ones period.. and that right there is why I started making saddles.... way way too many lousy saddles out there, an ugly saddle ruins the bike.. a sweet one makes it something really special.. thats why I am personally involved in every one done, and I make sure they all are something I would be happy to have on one of my zl's... every time a new one gets done I have to debate myself to sell it... but hey... thats what they are for...!!

I would not give $50 for that gawd awful seat as a core... I wouldn't kick it around the floor in my garage if he wanted to give it too me...my gawd that is a terrible seat....geez!

by the way 279 euro convertes to somewhare around 400+ dollars !!!....

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  9. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

I wasn't making fun of yourYOUR seats... I just thought it was a funny ad!:p

10. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Custom seats (and custom paint jobs, etc) are kind of a personal choice.

What you like, I may not, and vice versa.

11. Bacchus

jim--- I know that one is just so bad I freaked...lol and for more than $400 can u blame me?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  12. madhatter

madhatter Well-Known Member

I agree with you on that kawboy even tho I am a lil late on a response on this matter. But, I think any upgrade for our ZL10 saddles would be an improvement. Our seats on our bikes are uncomfortable for long riding, I hate to say that but our saddles needed more cushion and I think that part of the bike was overlooked. Maybe the designers thought that the people that ride these zl10's were nothing more then power pushers and were short distrance runners. I am for the new saddles good job Bacchus keep up the good work. I like the saddle that has the Eliminator signature on the seat. Awesome saddle if I do say so myself. Maybe kaw should think about bringing these baby ZL's back.
    LIke Ford mustang brought back it's mustang and all the other muscle car manufactures are bringing back them old muscle cars with all the technology and upgrades for them.
    Bring these outstanding ZL Eliminators back with all the upgrades and you would have a beautiful cruiser bike. They could do it, and if they did I know I would buy one. Later people, have a nice day

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  13. madhatter

Lets take a vote all those in favor of an upgraded seat say, "yay"...................................

and all those that are satisfied with the stock seat say "nay" and please give a small rebutal to the upgraded saddles........................................... Now

lets hear a vote people I am interested in this vote as well as alot of others I bet to see if the majority of our clan would like new saddles for our cycles or not . Thanks

14. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

I myself really like the comfort of my stock ZL1000 seat. I find it more comfortable than my ZG1000 and even the Yamaha Venture I used to have. Mine is in real good shape though.

15. madhatter

Stock saddles are ok, I just wished that kawasaki had made more of a selection as far as custom seats went. Like Harley has for their following. A nice cruiser saddle thats low, thats got some rodeo stitching on it, with some studs around the seat, or conchos made out of chrome and some extra padding on it for a long ride. When I go for a long ride it becomes uncomfortable over time. It would be nice to see a fancy saddle made for our bikes.
    Its like a saddle for a horse. If you were going to put your horse in a parade, you wouldnt put on an ole saddle on it. You would put your best saddle on it to show it off as well as grooming your horse to look good.
    Well thats what this city slicker that has his zl out there running the streets is all about. That ZL my horse, and I want to parade it everywhere I go, and a custom saddle with all the do-dads on it would look mighty fine . And thats all I got to say about that . thanks

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  16. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I can just imagine what all Kawboy has to say about that! :)

17. madhatter

HA ha ha ha, he would want the full treatment. Probably a leather scabbard for his rifle, concho shells made of chrome all around the seat, and fancy rodeo stitching in the saddle. Amen brother

18. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

You mean like this lard bucket, but with more conchos and studs? Maybe dual grandma/grandpa backrests? Enough fringe for ya? PLEASE!

mctaskells.jpg

19. Bacchus

The problem with stock seats is not lack of foam ... They got plenty and then some, it's the shape, rather then having a pocket fer yer bum it's more mound shaped which does not provide for a lock n load seating position and also creates less comfort as well. It definitely ain't lack of foam

20. madhatter

no fringe , ha ha ha LOL ok ok got it .