1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL mufflers remanufacturing

gouss Jan 26, 2018

Tags:
  1. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Just hate people interfering where they shouldn't!

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I'm at a loss on words with this & we think we have it bad here in the States.

PTPopz813 likes this.
  3. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

We were the ones to stand up to them in WWII...and we are doing it now!

But not before I get my stainless pipes with no inport taxes.:rolleyes:

4. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Sorry was in a rush, yesterday! Date for London Transport change in the charging policy is April 2019, the point I was trying to make and that is my concern is over choices and secondly the loss of employment in particularly manufacturing work, (creativity and skills), that go with it! In the sentence ....Children (explain should be "what children experience"), but the drift is that lesser and lesser of the right type of freedoms are experienced by normal society, people, here have been "criminalised especially the Law abiding ones, for minor speeding fines, late payment of Council Tax, Parking fines, being unable to pay debt, through a system that seems to be willfully designed to entrap the unsuspecting participants.

in May we face changes to the way vehicles are tested and registered, no doubt more Draconian policies will be applied. Historic plates here have an important significance, Insurance companies are now on the "modificatios" band-wagon, apparently fitting a windshield and panniers may be seen as a modification and of course coming full circle to the original post, will be what replacement and exhaust and silencer kits will be allowed or constitute a modification and therefore an excuse for an Insurance price hike!

In Germany and France a non-approved Motorcycle, cannot get insurance to be used on a public road

5. gouss

gouss Active Member

:D ;)

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Here in the US some states have State Inspections but most don't. I think PA still does but if you found the right guy he'd put a sticker on anything. :laughing7:.

7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Pa requires annual safety inspections of bikes with current plates, I think antique plates are exempt.

Emissions inspection is required only in certain counties on cars/trucks. No check engine lights on, visual for cats and evap system and a tailpipe sniffer and it must pass that before a safety inspection sticker can be issued. Years ago they tried a statewide emmission program cali style and I think it was found to be corrupt on the letting of the contract to a sole source, program was aborted after buildings were built and everything. It would have been horrible for any modified vehicle owner.

PTPopz813 and R. J. like this.
  8. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Any news..or an ETA to stop me asking " any news"

9. gouss

gouss Active Member

I'm waiting like you, it should happen soon.
    I am looking that up!

10. gouss

gouss Active Member

About 2 weeks for the prototype!

11. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

:bringiton::hello2::hello2::hello2:

12. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Glad to see this happening! Not an ez piece to make.

13. gouss

gouss Active Member

I trust the person who takes care of it, the project will go to the end! ;)

14. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

This is exciting! Is there a final price for a set ?

15. gouss

gouss Active Member

The price should not change, look at the previous pages ...
    They should normally be finished very soon!;)

16. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Oh, I thought you were trying for a bulk rate.

17. gouss

gouss Active Member

Yes if there is a bulk order we can certainly reduce the cost! ;)

18. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Yet drugs are dealt everywhere and in the main the Police turn a blind eye!

19. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Gouss...is there any possibility of the collector box being manufactured??

Not after an exact copy...just something to replaced the peice of rust I have!!

20. gouss

gouss Active Member

Gary,
    for the moment this is not planned, I think the exhaust is more important!
    Maybe later but not now. We will see if we can sell all the mufflers at first.
    I'm still waiting for the mufflers like you, I'm sorry for this very long wait ... :(