1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ZL 900 Carburator Jets

JohnB Aug 30, 2018

1. JohnB

JohnB New Member

I have recently gone from K&N Clamp-on Filters ( RC 2774) and back to the original breather box setup; I believe that the jets were changed by the previous bike owner and I would like to go back to the stock jets (16009-1271 which unfortunately are on the discontinued part list).

Does anyone know of a replacement part number or does anyone have a set of 4 that they willing to part with?

Let me know.

John.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

If the needles were changed out you should be looking for the needle in the haystack so to speak. Our carb doctor Rick says they work the best.

3. Ed

Ed Active Member

You might not be able to order by part # but any OE jet you want is available since they were standardized long ago. Just don't settle for aftermarkets as their quality isn't the same and might have different flow characteristics. If you have a problem, let me know and I can either get you what you need or point you in the right direction.

4. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member