1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

W800 cafe

87kawzl Dec 3, 2018

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Headlight fairing & side covers look to me like paint was running out...:dontknow:Japs. design I understand less and less.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

The brown and silver do clash. The brown tone on the seat isn't even close to being complimentary to the tank. Someone has puked on the color wheel.

kvalheim likes this.
  4. Harriminator

message-editor_1541609860629-w8001.jpg
    Damn, where have I seen this taillight before? :thumbsdown:
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _
    _

l43242_8.jpg
    :whistling:

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Not a bike that I'd want but it looks nice. :notworthy:. I was to pic up a Widowmaker 500 tripple in PA this past July for $400 but I was low on money do to my truck needing repaired while in OH & PA. :pain10:. I told my friend Matt that I'll get it the next time I'm in PA.

6. Harriminator

:hello:For a longer time now I watch what's going on in the moto design sector esp. @ mom Kaw development department; obviously the smart heads have all retired and the successors can only handle polygones on their pc, why else do they copy a form of the 70s to bring out on a motorcycle for 2019? There's a Jap. saying: on ko chi shin which means 'explore the past to understand the future' - they explored nothing so we have to save, keep alive and improve the ZL-spirit of the past...:read::laughing7:

R. J. likes this.
  7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

At least Kaw didn't go off the deep end like Honda though. If I was shopping for a new bike it would probably be a BMW 1600 or Indian if I wanted a twin, maybe something out of Yamaha for a middleweight.