1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Ultrasonic Cleaner

R. J. Sep 10, 2015

1. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Exactly. With the quick turnaround of the carbs one can't spend days buffing.

2. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

you are ****s

3. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: For the money Old School does a fantastic job. I have no patience for doing carbs. I do not due my own anyway. I have a set of 87 GPZ carbs that I loaned to Ron D. He robbed some parts from them & gave them back to me all taken apart. I took them to Ron A. He gave me a list of parts that I needed. I spent about $70 on parts. Then Ron A rebuilt them for me. He is the 76 year old guy who worked for Kaw. He uses some kind of blue de-greaser. He won't tell me who makes it. He calls it super blue. He gets it out of N.C. He soaks all the parts over night. These carbs was rusted & corroded really bad. Here is what they look like now. He charged me $45 which is < half of what he charges someone that he does not know. Here is what they look like now. By the way I have 2 sets of these.

Attached Files:

4. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

Rick done a set for the 900 I rebuilt...and was a hands down EXCELLENT job!!:notworthy::headbang:

5. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I'm not doubting his work at all. In fact it is impressive. I just prefer to do my own and thought I was asking a simple question. I wasn't asking for a complete breakdown nor to step on anyone's toes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  6. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

. What was that??

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: When I get time I'll find out what makes them shine. My friend Ron A. does just as a good job. He has been doing carbs for 50 plus years. It is they just do not shine like Rick's. I did not intend on making anyone upset or what ever.

8. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Neither did I.....Everyone have a good day. Peace.

9. wickedzl900

wickedzl900 Senior Member Supporting Member

you not my friend ,, i know what you are trying

10. madmanncr500

Rick he is NO ones friend! :pistols::laughing7:

11. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nor you mine. I do not know you from Adam. Rick I told you in a PM that I have absolutely no intentions of going into the carb rebuilding business & no reason to so you have nothing to worry about. As far as my friend Ron A. goes he has plenty of work & doesn't care about the carbs being shiny. Also he mostly rebuilds motors. I'll s I do is try to help people.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  12. madmanncr500

:pistols:pistols::pistols::pistols::pistols::pistols:
    SHOT IT DOWN!!!!

13. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I don't want any trouble or hard feelings from fellow members. I'm a level headed logical person unless you screw with my ZL. :laughing7:

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  14. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: For X MAS my son Jared bought me some high dollar carb cleaner $66 for a gal made by SHARPTEK. I'll be trying it out in Feb. They also have a solution that is sub post to make carbs shine. I'm going to order a gal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  15. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

16. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I bought a gal of Sharpertek 1852 cleaner. It works very good. IMG_6095.JPG IMG_6096.JPG IMG_6097.JPG IMG_6098.JPG