1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Turn Signal Stem Repair

ZLrider Aug 29, 2017

1. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

Just wanted to mention a little trick I used to fix a broken turn signal stem since I saw somebody mention having this problem in another thread.

Clumsy-ass me stumbled into the bike while parked in the garage and about crapped to see my signal dangling by the wire.

I found that the threaded copper colored hollow pieces that hold household lamps together is a nice fit for the ID of the stem. I threaded it into one end of the broken part, it fit nice and tight. You may have to wallow it out slightly. The other side I drilled oversize. Buttered the exposed threaded part with 5 min epoxy and slammed it together. Once dried it is virtually impossible to see the hairline crack and it is stronger than it was to begin with.

Just wanted to give a little something back, since you guys have helped me so much since I've had my ZL.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Good to know. :notworthy:. Another member Eggman has a wright up on turn signal stem repair. Also WillyD has one to, I think.

3. Smokin' Tires AZ

Smokin' Tires AZ New Member

I just purchased two new turn signals online. Parts N More. They shipped them right away and had them in 4 days. About $30 each (including Shipping). Perfect match.

4. Smokin' Tires AZ

Smokin' Tires AZ New Member

I just purchased two new turn signals online. Parts N More. They shipped them right away and had them in 4 days. About $30 each (including Shipping). Perfect match. FYI