1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Toy hauler for sale

WillyD May 4, 2017

1. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Toy hauler for sale

20' with ramp rear door. Two fold down beds on sides. Tie downs in rear. Front section has full camping facilities. Microwave, bathroom with a shower. Heat and AC.

Asking $7000

Attached Files:

2. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

SOLD

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Some one we know? That was a good deal.

4. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

No. Was a local guy I know. I bought it from a buddy of mine last summer to help him out. It was nice. I have nothing to pull it with so I couldn't keep it. In reality it was a big pain in the a$$

5. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

It's back up for sale. Anybody interested let me know. Please no "I would really like it but not sure" or "I will pay you next week please hold it for me" crap.

People really suck my ass.

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That's to bad. If I wasn't 1,200 miles away & had something to pull it with I'd think about it. You could live in that thing. Who did the conversion. I did make payments on my ZL but I put 75% on it & still got to ride it 2,600 miles until paying it off in 3 months.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  7. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

I tread you a crapsmen mower..and a weedmuncher.....deal??
    wow bro what a buy!!

8. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Last July about mid July I had a buddy call me. Said he had this thing, knew I rode and I had went to Daytona and said he was looking to sell it. A guy he knew or a relative owed him money. That guy had bought this and in lieu of the money owed he had given my buddy this trailer. My buddy was hoping for a quick sale to get his money back so he called me. I told him I really didn't have a use for it and didn't think I wanted to buy it. I had just moved into my house and was in the middle of a divorce. Thought that was the end of it. Two weeks later he calls me again. Trying to persuade me. I go look at it.

My buddy runs a small trucking company. He owns a handful of trailers and maybe 3-4 tractors. One of his tractors was down at the moment due to one of his drivers tearing the front end up. With that truck down it wasn't making him any money. He owed money on his fuel account and needed the cash to pay that up. Tells me he will sell it to me for a deal and if I wanted to I could flip it and sell it for much more and if I bought it and a few weeks later he was back on his feet he would just buy it back from me if I didn't wanna mess with it. I figured it was a good no risk deal. I agreed to buy it and got him a check the next day for it. It is too heavy for my Tahoe to really pull it around. So I can't move it at that point. Well then he had more crap go wrong and it looked like him just buying it back wasn't any kind of option anytime soon. I asked him about the title but he was busy at the moment dealing with his girlfriends house having the basement flood and him fighting with the insurance company, etc. Eventually I went to his girlfriends house to see him and he took me over to where his mom lived where the title was to get it. he seemed miffed about it and my thought was "damn dude. You are a friend of mine and you stressed how important the cash was for you and even tho I had told him no initially I went ahead and took money out of the bank to give him and now he acts like I am being a jerk"

I knew the end of the season was right around the corner and if I wanted to sell it to get my money back I needed to get it going. On the day I got the title I went over and checked on it. It was parked in the rear lot of a Chevy dealer. My buddy knew the owner real well and he told him no problem keeping it there. Since I was in the area I stopped in to see another friend of mine. He runs a car repo business. He asked what I was doing out that way and I told him about the trailer and showed him the pics. He said he was very interested and he might just buy it. I agreed to sell him to him for just what I had into it. I asked him if he would go get it for me and take it to is place. Figured I could clean it up there and eventually have him take it to my house where I could have it to put it up for sale. He told me he was gonna talk to the wife, etc. After several days I sent him a text to see what happened. Wife says he can't buy it unless he sells his small enclosed trailer he bought. Then I get word from my town people that I cannot keep my trailer in front of my house on the easement (my 6x12 enclosed) but I can put it in the driveway until Nov. 1 at which point it would have to go somewhere behind my house (not an option) So I figured no sense bringing the other trailer home. By the time all this had taken place it was only a week away from Nov 1. Decide to just keep it at the repo guys place around back. He has a couple big warehouses and property where he runs his business from.

Fast forward to about a month or so ago and I text him to ask him what is the chances he is going to buy it. He says he really wants it. I tell him I am getting ready to dive all in on my garage and want to get my money back in the bank. No response. A few days later I talk to my other friends wife (m y buddy and his wife are how I met the repo guy) to see if anything more had been said about the trailer and her thoughts on him buying it. They know him better than me and see him often. She tells me "Mike is not gonna buy that trailer. Lisa isn;t gonna let him. he is the type that sees something cool and wants it. He just spend a ton of money on his business and still has the other trailer he had custom made and paid big money for and has never used. I would just tell him you have someone interested and go get it" I tell him that and he says ok. I was on vacation and decided to go get this thing on that Friday. Gonna borrow a truck from another guy to move it. That Wednesday night another guy I know tells me before I put it up for sale to let him look at it as he is very interested. I said good deal it will be here Friday. On Thursday Mike (repo guy) wants to know how serious the guy is about the purchase of the trailer. I told him very interested. He wants to know my bottom dollar. I had told him months earlier what I needed to get out of it. he showed no real promise to buy it and Laura (friend who knows Mike and his wife very well) says he isn't gonna buy it. He is stalling you hoping you leave it there and eventually sell it to him for next to nothing. In the end Mike gets mad at me because I am gonna come get it. Now I have my original friend who I gave money to for it acting like he is upset with me. Now Mike. I go get it and get it to where I have it for the third guy to come check it out. After several days I finally see him and he is acting like he isn't sure he can afford it, etc. I finally put it on Craigslist and go take the title down to get it put into my name. Then my last buddy finally comes around and says he will buy it for what I want. To him it's the same amount I put out for it. Tells me he will have a check for me next week. This is three weeks ago now. I put it back on Craigslist.

The damn thing is nice. Three buddies now are different towards me because of it. Initially I did a buddy a favor even tho I did not want the damn thing but everybody says they want it and nobody is bringing me money only stupid lies out of their mouths. So as you can see it has been a giant pain in my ass.

9. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

I wouldn't feel bad at all. There are friends and then there is associates. Some times in life you just have to rethink what group some one belongs in.
    Hope you have better luck once you sell it.

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That's to bad. I've learned that not to do business with friends or even some family members. I done one friends ATV. I have $700 in it. She paid me $50 a week then quit & moved away. She still owes me $350. I still have the bike & do not have the money to finish it. Another friend called me and told be he was stranded in NC & needed money to get home. I never seen a dime from him & he will not return my calls. It's been over 4 years. I've done so much for this guy. We let him stay with us for a month for free while he looked for a job. He put a 1000 miles on my truck & only put gas in it once.

11. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Yep...No more of this crap for me..

12. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

What a cluster, hope it finds a new home soon. Need a serious truck to tug that baby along.

13. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: It tics me off when someone takes advantage of another person. They always say nice guys finish last. :laughing7:.

14. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Just one of those life lessons. The initial buddy was someone I spent some time with when my marriage was headed south. I went to dinner a few times with him and his mom. He was close to his mom. His dad passed a few years ago. He is an only child and was very close to both of them. He had a few drivers screw him over and his mom always said "Ronnie is just too nice of a guy" When he approached me the second time about it I agreed to look at it. When he explained his situation I figured I would buy it to help him out and he would surely get back on his feet within a month and if I didn't wanna jack with it, he would give my money back and he would then go ahead and sell it. I went the very next day and got him his money so he could breathe a sigh of relief. After that when he had his other crap go bad I figured I guess I better get to getting this thing sold since it doesn't look like he will be straight anytime soon. Then he acted like it was a burden to get me the title since he was spending all that time taking care of the GF house. The title was at his moms. I had been there many times. His mom knew me well. All he had to do was tell her to give me the envelope with the title and keys. I went and looked at the thing. That's a 50 mile round trip. The next day I took him a check. That's another 50 mile trip. There were 5 big plastic cases in the back. Some kind of displays. The original owner took the thing to trade shows. My buddy said he wanted those displays out of the trailer for himself to sell. It was at least two months from the day I gave him the money until the day I had it moved. He has a pickup truck. He could have went and got them. He didn't. From around October 1 until 3 weeks ago it was at the repo guys place. When I moved the trailer to where it is now I asked him if he still wanted that stuff. He said he did. Said only place he could put it was the GF garage. I was gonna bring them that Saturday. He said he was gonna be busy. I went and got them and put them inside my 6x12 trailer. I tried to call him to make arrangements. He didn't answer the phone. He texted me 10 min later and said he was feeding the animals and would call me right back. He never called. One day after work I decided to take them to her house. (another 50 mile trip) I figured if nobody was home I would just leave them in the driveway. Her son and daughter were home The son helped me put them in the garage. They were gone. Out of town he said. I haven't heard anything from him. I don't know what I did wrong. He was a friend he needed that money and I went right and did what I said I was gonna do and brought him the money. Now I guess I am the bad guy. I just don't get it...Really truly I don't. I would NEVER do that to a friend of mine.

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Did you end up getting the title & keys.

16. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Yes sir...I did

17. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

So this past Friday I sold the thing. I sold it to a guy in Michigan. After he got back home with it he put water in the tank to check things out. I guess the toilet is leaking. The sink in the kitchen area broke and was spraying water all over the place. Guy said he drained one of the tanks I guess and a bunch of gnarly crap came out. So the one buddy Mike who said he winterized it for me last year must not have winterized it like he said he was going to.

I know some things now tho. NEVER EVER will something like this happen to me again. I absolutely hated this whole situation and I am most upset with myself about it. One thing I have never done before is to sell something I didn't actually use or really own. I went on the word of a couple of people. I am really bummed out by this whole situation. Completely.

18. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Your nightmare has ended and you've learned some important life lessons along the way. Sorry for your frustration Bill.

19. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Good to know this sale is done and gone for you. Its all in the past. You can look forward to a different future with it gone and out of your hair that is if you have any left after dealing with the aggravating situation you were put in. Some things in life can be a pain in the ass all the way to the end. My wife's old snowmobile was that way for us. We bought it from a person we trusted and let me tell you it was the biggest problem pile of you know what we have ever dealt with. Nothing but regret. Should have burned it in the back yard. We will never buy any thing ever from that person again.
    As you can tell they are off the friends list and lesson learned the hard way. You can hold your head up high (you now know better)
    Enjoy your new day:headbang:

20. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Over the years I've bought a few things site unseen just to help out friends just to dump a bunch of money into it. I hope you did explain the situation to the person that bought it. Years ago my oldest Sister moved to TX so I bought her Snowmobile. The last time I rode it it was fine. Come to find out her moron Husband put this high performance aftermarket clutch on it & it would flip the belt over & it had low compression. I put more money in it than what I paid for it. When I moved to FL I sold it for $400 just to get rid of it.