1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Tech doc discussion: Fork Overhaul

zlMark Apr 21, 2009

1. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I've come to realize that the forks on these bikes are almost always neglected and badly overdue for a rebuild. I'm pretty sure they used fish oil from the factory and man does that crap stink to high hell after 30 years! I rebuild every set I get my hands on and I've never seen a set redone before I got ahold of them. I also break them down to every single piece and clean methodically so all the old crap is gone. I also replace the inner and outter bearings after this many years.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Been their done that. My Dad would say take your time and do it right the first tims.