1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Support ZL-OA!

zlMark Feb 27, 2011

1. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Hey Guys,

Lately there hasn't been much action on the eBay program i'm signed with and it's starting to cost me money to operate zl-oa. As most of you know I have been struggling with other problems that are much more important. Plain and simply put, I will either have to give this up or start charging a small amount of membership fees if the eBay earnings do not support the zl-oa costs.

2. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

i'm in, just let me know how much, & if there is anything else i can do to help out .

you've done so much for us to have this website. it's the least i can do.

c'mon bro, & sister's lets do our part & show Mark how much we appreciate ZL-OA !

Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  3. Blagadán

Blagadán Moderator Moderator

Absolutely. Let us know mark, I'd be glad to help.

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm surprised it hasn't come to this before now and I think most of us will gladly help ZL-OA financially to see it continue. I propose $25.00 a year in membership fees and see how sound a footing that puts it on. :nike:

5. Wissler

Wissler Senior Member Supporting Member

Whatever is decided, I'm in.

6. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Send me your paypal and I will donate now.

7. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

That's what I would've suggested - try donations first? There's enough of us "active members" here that want this site to stay alive to keep it going I imagine with no problem. There's too much info and good resources here to let it slip away. Those of us that have been around these bikes for some time have seen site after site come and go. I have no idea what it takes to keep a website like this up and running but I'm sure we can take care of it. I'm in regardless. Can't thank ZLMark enough for all you're work anyway. Later.

8. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

You said it well my friend, maybe donations would be the way to go. Let's do it if that's needed......How about it Mark?

9. Jim L

Jim L Supporting Member

Like Wissler said above, I'm in. I wouldn't want the site to go under.:rr:

10. Hamish

Hamish Supporting Member

You have my support....How much and where to???

11. jarhead

jarhead Well-Known Member

I'm in, I'd hate to think what all the info on here would've cost me if I'd had to pay a shop for it.

12. f1nxlife

f1nxlife Supporting Member

Im in,,,,let me know ,,,whatever it takes.//

13. elimin8r900

elimin8r900 Supporting Member

I'm in, whether it's donations or a membership fee.
    Just give us all a recommended amount and preferred payment method.

14. Billy

Billy Well-Known Member

Whatever it takes ,im in.

15. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I'm sure that the donation direction is the way to go on this. If you charge a membership I believe you'll find a lot of people simply won't pay it to gain access to the wealth of information that is here. They will simply try to find it elsewhere. Mark, you know you can count on many of the members for support in keeping this site going. Without divulging the financial outlay that you have I think there needs to be some basic information in the amount(s) you need. Also some kind of reserve should be set up so as to cover future cash outlays for the sole purpose and use of keeping the site running. Just my 2 cents, or is it dollars this time????

16. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

exactly what i was thinking !

17. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

Mark, not sure what your costs are but I'm going to send you $250, thanks for all you do with the site, and the banner ad for the store!

18. tmdoth

tmdoth Senior Member Supporting Member

+1 all the way

19. SandstoneSmitty

SandstoneSmitty Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I am in! If you want to keep this going for a long time the membership is a way to go. I belong to some old car clubs and they all have memberships. Majority are $25 annual.
    .:bringiton:
    I am kewl with donation. You decide. I support your decision!!!!:notworthy:

20. SO CAL ZL

SO CAL ZL Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Ditto on this Mark!!!

Put the calculator and a time-line to work on this problem. I'm confident as Hell that we'll solve this problem pronto....Don't let this thing drag on....let's get the ****ed thing solved for you. I'd bet that we're not talking a fortune here, just a reasonable amount from all benefiting parties. :headbang:

SO CAL ZL