1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Selling my '85 ZL900 for parts or as a restoration project

Chikara Sep 30, 2018

1. Chikara

Chikara Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I am selling my 1985 ZL900. I listed it as a Project Bike or for Parts. I rode it through the Summer of 2017. Then the return throttle cable broke. I put in in my garage and, as it sat, the battery corroded and died and now I don't get any power when I turn on the ignition, even with a jumper attached to the dead battery, so there is probably some other electrical problem that has developed.

I don't want to go through the work of fixing this to sell it, so I listed it the way I did and priced it at $700.

Here is my local Craigslist advertisement:

https://jxn.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1985-zl900-eliminator-project/6711557959.html

Thanks,

Chikara (Billy Woolfolk)

Attached Files:

R. J. likes this.
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good deal wish that I wasn't broke. I would think some one would jump on it.:popcorn:

Chikara likes this.
  3. Chikara

Sold

R. J. likes this.
  4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Someone got a good deal. :notworthy:.

Chikara likes this.
  5. Chikara

I know they did. I will be moving in a month and didn't want to take it with me so I purposefully priced it low. It sold in a day. :)