1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Remodeling

R. J. Jan 27, 2014

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Thanks Willy, I got married this past June and am still moving some of my house to hers/ours. My house is rented to a friend so I am able to keep some of my stuff there. Her father built the one we occupy in late 70's, as a 3br/1ba ranch then added on a 2br/1ba addition in the 80's. No "duplexes" are allowed in the boro so we will go with an in law suite...lol.

Basement still has the block wall dividing the old/new sides. Plan is to bust a 9' garage door into the new side making roughly a 26x30 space. Can't put a big door on because of septic location but I will be able to put my Firebird project along the back wall using wheel dollies and park the mustang normal in the garage space.

It's going to be a big project, insulate ceiling, drywall ceiling, fire door in existing opening on dividing wall, new man and garage doors, extend the driveway up to the house and build some short retaining walls. There is probably a code on furnace and water heater being off the floor or boxed in.

I may get a detached building put up, I'll need to run the numbers when I talk to some builders at the home show in March.

Going to be expensive either way

R. J. likes this.