1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate our Eliminator!!

ARCHIVE_Carol Feb 12, 2005

1. GAZL900

GAZL900 Active Member

Rating

I just put in my 2 Cents worth, This is a great bike, they sure do draw attention , no matter where you are.

Thanks, Steve :D

2. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Re: Rating

Welcome GAZL900!

Glad to have your participation here. Where you from? Take a few minutes to fill in your location in the profile

3. GGRA

GGRA Well-Known Member

I added my rating, surprised the off road is so low. I live on a dirt road ( in not the best shape) and I fly down it. She's not a dirtbike, but I gave her above avg. for offroad.

4. manfrust

manfrust Active Member

Hey I got a 1992 zl400. Can I have pictures of yours?

5. ZLrider

ZLrider Senior Member

I'm a little late to the party it seems, but rated mine too. Seems most have a much dimmer opinion of the 600 than I. My ratings across the board were higher......didn't see the averages change, I guess have to check back maybe...

6. 42962kevin

42962kevin Active Member

OK! im lost,,...did i hit the right link or not. The link i ended up on rated ZL owner's and their bikes as the most intelligent people and most attractive bikes with the best performance machines on the planet that scientist were unable to figure out what made them and their bikes so perfect.Scientist could not figure out why ZL owners could not simply ride their machines on a common road without having to sway women from crying and begging to hitch a ride. ''Sure hope i hit the right link''. OH WELL. nothing new to me.

7. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Hmm,, seems we need to improve the offroad capabilities :laughing7:

8. mreinh3233

mreinh3233 Well-Known Member

I jumped my ZL9 once, about four feet, does that count?

Mike

9. puttputt

puttputt "Strip Warrior"

yes, very cool site!

10. HOLMES40

HOLMES40 Active Member

I did my thing....Rating looks good ...I love the ZL..how could you not?

11. jmassengill

jmassengill Supporting Member Technical Author

12. timmytool

timmytool Active Member

That is a pretty cool link. The fun factor of my ZL600 is rated quite high, I definitly agree!!

My only suprise is the off road rating was low...WTF!!

13. Hellion

Hellion Senior Member

So mount up some knobbies and test it out!! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

14. KimSilverBullet

KimSilverBullet Active Member

Have only owned my ZL900 less than a month and I already love it...I voted! :laughing7:

15. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to ZL-OA ! nice to have you with us !:headbang:

16. KimSilverBullet

Thank you!!! Am having some issues with it at the moment...it died when I was about a mile from my house and had to duck walk the darn thing. :(
    (The tach went, no headlight, no working brake light, and no horn.)
    Am thinking it's a bad cell in the battery...thank goodness you can push-start these suckers!

17. KimSilverBullet

Thanks, I was reading the forums last week about that problem when it was giving me issues starting...I will have to see how to remove the ignition switch... Any diagrams on that on this site? Noticed there was a sensor on the kickstand...and it wouldn't start when the kickstand was down and the bike had to be in gear in order to start.

18. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Check the fuses, particularly the horn fuse.

Oh, and welcome. Silver 900 looks great!

19. KZRider

KZRider Well-Known Member

Done!!:headbang::thumbsup::headbang:

20. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Done mine. Nice to see a average rating in the high 80s.