1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Rate our Eliminator!!

ARCHIVE_Carol Feb 12, 2005

1. ARCHIVE_Carol

ARCHIVE_Carol Guest

windshields for 1985 ZL900

Can anyone tell me what windshields will fit this bike? I really want a shield but am not sure what will fit. I have been on-line searching and coming up with no eliminator matches.

If anyone is looking for parts for this bike, e-bay has alot for sale right now (but please don't bid against me for the tach(s)!)

With two new feet of snow on the mountains here, biking is out but the skiing is great! Hope all of you riding now are enjoying - I'm envious, but spring will be here quickly right?

If anyone has a photo of a shield - it would be great to see it.

Later

2. ARCHIVE_furchin

ARCHIVE_furchin Guest

windshield

Carol,
    I had a windshield on my '85 ZL that was made by National Cycle, it was the Plexifairing 3. It is a full fairing windshield that will protect head and arms. Right now I am using a roadmaster from Memphis Shades on my ZL1000 and my ZL600. I am sure that this will fit the 9 as well. You may have to do a little bit of alteration, I'm not sure 'cause I had to do a little for installation on my 6. Any way I know for sure the one from National Cycle will fit. Depends on what you are looking for and what you want. National has a web site as well as Memphis Shades also. You can look at my album to get an idea of what the shields look like.
    Furchin

3. ARCHIVE_Carol

ARCHIVE_Carol Guest

Nice Furchin! I like the one on the 1000. I book marked both Co's to check out later. Have any front on views of the windshield?

When I was looking for your photo, I found the photo album I was trying to start (actually, I think there are now two), I'll try to post a photo of my bike.

4. ARCHIVE_zoomzoom

ARCHIVE_zoomzoom Guest

I've got a flyscreen on mine and it really looks good :D

5. ARCHIVE_furchin

ARCHIVE_furchin Guest

windshield

No front on views as of now, but who know's I may take one in the future as I would like to add to the album. I'll send one to you if and when accomplished. Furchin

6. ARCHIVE_Carol

ARCHIVE_Carol Guest

That flyscreen looks great, but I need more coverage. I found one on National Products site that will work, but won't look as nice as the flyscreen (but I'm all about staying out of the wind and warm!)

I managed to buy the tach for $59 bucks (Yeah). Now I can put the $ I saved into my tires.

7. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

8. zl900_moab

zl900_moab Senior Member

Cool, did the rating, very interesting...
    moab...

9. mike

mike Guest

that is an awesome link,

:groupcheers:

10. acp

acp Senior Member

Done

11. Blagadán

Blagadán Moderator Moderator

Me too, interesting info

12. panther

panther Well-Known Member

Me too. If you click on the 400's Thats my baby pictured, they didn't have one so i uploaded mine.

13. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

cool link ! definately a good sign for zl owners !!
    CHRIS

14. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

nice to see the overall rating has grown 10% in a day :dancingfool:

15. Bearkiller

Bearkiller Well-Known Member

I put in my 2 cents

16. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

pretty kool site there, I added my votes!

17. bull

bull Well-Known Member

My "other" ride is rated even higher WOW

My 82' Yamaha XJ1100J Maxim topped my Liminator on that site (they didn't show the XJ - but the XS they did show is the same bike minus some goodies)
    Since the XJ1100 was only made that year it probly win't make the rating sheet.

I must be crazy - or just plain love scouring junkyards world wide having two rare bikes. SHUT UP Rick.

18. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Let's hear it Rick :bringiton:

19. Rogue-trooper

Rogue-trooper Active Member

Compare

Had to do the comparison with a Hardley dangerous or some such bike.
    good site :D :stir:

20. RUFF

RUFF Well-Known Member

DONE IT :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    DIDNT HAVE A SECTION FOR THE THIRD WHEEL..................
    NEVER MIND GREAT LINK

RUFF :icon_salut: