1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Radiator Cap Base

VmaxRider Nov 7, 2018

1. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

Would anyone happen to have an extra base for the radiator cap that they would be willing to get rid of for a zl900?

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

is that the thermostat housing or is there a piece that bolts to it and the cap goes on that?

3. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

4. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

All these years I hadn't noticed that was a seperate piece! PM me your address And I'll send it to you, though I can't vouch for the condition of the 25mm O ring!

P1040874.JPG

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, sometimes that raised ring inside it gets worn and won't seal the cap any longer. I had to replace it on one of mine and be sure to use a new o=ring.

6. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I already have a new o-ring. Thanks.