1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for Dale Walker

Guest Aug 17, 2007

Tags:
  1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Dale, great thread thanks for the insight. Come on out to VMD13 for some fun on the ol' ZL's, first complimentary ride can be on mine it has some of those sweet sounding trapps on it from you. If you want to launch it hard feel free, she has been there before.

2. DaleWalker

DaleWalker Eliminator Legend

RIP My Buddy Pete Levin

I know none of knew Pete, but he was a close friend and my stainless tubing bender for the last 15 years. He passed away late last week at 66 years old. Pete went way back with the owner and inventor of the Super Trapp dics exhaust. He was a brilliant guy and was in charge of development for Super Trapp for many years until they joined with Kerker and moved back east. That’s when he started his own company in Sacramento CA. named Upstream Engineering, in fact he makes quite a few parts for Flow Master also and many other big names. His wife wants his dream to continue so I hope that happens for them. He made beautiful parts for me, all my header tubes, slip on mid pipes, and tips for my mufflers and so on.

He also prototyped my ZL 900 Eliminator slip-ons way back in the day, and made me 3 one off SS side winder open meg headers for my drag school bikes, so he is part of the family in a way

Liza and I are very very sad today and he will be truly missed

RIP Pete

Dale & Liza

3. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

Dale, Sorry for your loss. There is never a good time for friends to leave us, remember the good times and take care.

Scotty B

4. DaleWalker

Thank you guys

DW

5. Pony

Pony Active Member

So sorry for this news Dale, Rest in peace Pete. God Bless

6. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Sorry to hear Dale!

7. vinny

vinny Senior Member

That is sad news indeed.
    66 is no age really these days as folks seem to live much longer.
    I hope his passing was as painless as possible for all concerned.
    Condolences to all the family and friends.

8. tomc585

tomc585 Member

So young...., my condolences.

9. WillyD

WillyD Senior Member

Sorry to hear it Dale...he sounds like one helluva guy....

10. DaleWalker

Yeah Pete was a real innovative guy, one thing I will miss is brain storming and Idea, and have him help me make it come to reality in the tube bending world

Time will heal all this, but it will take awhile for sure

Thanks again all

DW :thumbsup:

11. carpntr76

carpntr76 Well-Known Member

12. DaleWalker

13. reddobie0

reddobie0 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. I love the sound of these bad boys. Nice set up.

14. DaleWalker

Really busy in July, but you never know

Got to get home now, Im bushed

Cheers DW :thumbsup:

15. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

hey dale, what kind of bike and or bikes you ride in your spare time? which is a favorite of yours now a days?

16. DaleWalker

Hi 1 red

Well at this moment in time I have 3 bikes that are together and running, well sort of .... lol >> 2013 Yamaha FZ8 Im now working on, 2011 Suzuki 1250 FA ,for sport touring , and my 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250 project bike (IGOR) with my new motor in now that I love. Im going to set the FA model up more for my liking with all my bits on it so I dont wear out IGOR. I hope to get my 07 project bike to a magazine test later this year when its all finished up.

Cheers Dale :thumbsup:

17. DaleWalker

Igor

engine swap 30.JPG engine swap 29.JPG IGOR cam degree 2  (2).jpg engine swap 30.JPG

18. DaleWalker

Sorry but you will have to put up with me for a while to learn how to put photos up guys .......... LOL

Later for now

Dale :hello:

19. HilbillyRokstar

HilbillyRokstar _________________________ BANNED

:thumbsup:

20. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Sweet ride Dale. Do you still have any drag bikes?