1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Questions for Dale Walker

Guest Aug 17, 2007

Tags:
  1. GGabrielK

GGabrielK Active Member

Praise for Dale Walker

I just finished reading this thread. How cool that Dale Walker was really on it. Such a legend and drag racing hero. So down to earth too.

He put on big valves and big cams, pistons that I sent him from MI (carbs too...), with Falicon out in FL, knife edging the crank. It was on my 900 Ninja back in the day. It was such a monster (to me), that hitting it in the top gears was giving me the pull that it did stock in lower gears.

Dismantled it when I blew the motor up, but saved the motor for a future rebuild and transplant into my ZL900 that replaced it. Now after countless moves, I have to find it and hope my brother didn't throw it away. Most likely did. ...:(

Cheers to you Dale, for doing such great things for the normal guys who never got to the track, but still wanted to have fun. I was always amazed at how down to earth and how much patience Dale had with the 1,001 questions I had.

Cool ass dude!

2. DaleWalker

DaleWalker Eliminator Legend

Hi Guys

Finally got my log in problems fixed, so will check in now and then if I get a question through PM.

Thanks for the kind words, I truly appreciate it after all these years.

Cheers Dale Walker ........ now old and slow .........ha ha

3. GGabrielK

GGabrielK Active Member

Ha! Your slow time is about 99% of the draggers out there best!

;)

Welcome back Dale Walker!!!!!

4. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

Good to see you back Dale...:thumbsup:

5. DaleWalker

Thanks guys, I certainly appreciate the support through the years........... I try my best to help my customers as well as produce hand made well tested products. This is why I kept my company small.

Ive been thinking about starting my drag race school again someday at the local track ............ we will see what happens, and if I have the energy.

Have a good day

DW :thumbsup:

6. 1 red zl9

1 red zl9 Well-Known Member

My 900 is running better than ever with those badboys I picked up from you a couple years ago! holeshots 021.JPG holeshots 023.JPG holeshots 020.JPG holeshot cans 014.JPG

7. DaleWalker

Nice, they sure look neat on you bike and sound great also

Got to run now, Im getting ready to have two of my bikes in the IMS show in Sacramento on Nov 6-8th

Also keep and eye out in Cycle World around Dec on the stands. Don Canet just tested my 1250 Bandit project bike IGOR .

Hopefully its a good read after 3 years of work

Cheers Dale :occasion14:

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      99.4 KB
      Views:
  8. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

Dale I just got my ZLRX build done and running your Hole shots on it and LOVE the sound!!!:headbang:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  9. DaleWalker

Neat ........ The ZRX is a good motor

Off here for the day now

DW :thumbsup:

10. DaleWalker

Im trying ............ LOL