1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Pods and jets.

zl_havoc Jul 31, 2018

1. zl_havoc

zl_havoc Well-Known Member

I’m sure this has been beat up a million times but has anyone figured out a good jetting setting for the zl900 when we run pods? I’m considering pods because I already have a 4-1 exhaust and my chrome covers on both sides are messed up and broken tabs. Figured it would be easier to run pods then wait for nice side covers to become available.

2. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

135s were nice in mine with pods. It had great pull at most rpms with no other upgrades. Stock needles, undrilled slides, stock emulsion tubes and stock pilot jets. I was having surging and sputtering issues that turned out to be crap caught in the ripped up petcock screen. Its been temporarily reduced to nothing but a fuel tap (no reserve!) with inline micro filter until i can afford a pingel.