1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Pingel Petcock

DirtyRider Jun 9, 2019

1. DirtyRider

DirtyRider Member

Does anyone know if the 4311-CR will work on a ZL900-A?

2. nitroshot

nitroshot Well-Known Member

Not sure of their part # but with adapter I had to enlarge the center of hole to about 5/8" for mine.

Attached Files:

3. Theodore Dekeyser

Theodore Dekeyser New Member

How did the Pingel work out for you? Leaks? Adequate flow?

My zl600 didn't have a petcock when I bought it and I just recieved this one from eBay, says it's for a kz440 and a couple other Kawi's. This one is vacuum operated whereas the stock one I don't believe was, it was gravity fed from what I can tell. Do you guys think this will work if I run the vac line to one of the capped off carb nipples?

Attached Files:

4. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

If the bolt holes line up and the feed tube is not too long it should work. And the stock petcock for a 600 is indeed vacuum operated.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I think the Factory runs the vacuum line from the petcock/fuel valve to the #2 carbs vacuum port on most of all inline 4s.

6. Theodore Dekeyser

Yes your correct I just found one on ebay where they had pics of the back too and yes there is another nipple and vac diaphragm.

I'm not able to get any fuel into the carbs for some reason. I can get fuel to flow if I suck on the vac line but nothing is flowing when it's hooked up to the 1st carb nipple?

7. Theodore Dekeyser

Is it possible I need to run the vacuum reference line split to 2 of the carbs? I'm not getting fuel flow and I dunno why, it flows if I suck on the vac line?

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Fuel won't flow unless the bike is running because it operates on vacuum. Your fuel valve has a prime setting PRI. It's top center. It should only be used to flow fuel to the carbs when they are empty.