1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

OEM Petcock Rebuild Service....Cores Needed

markus56 Nov 30, 2010

1. oFLiUF

oFLiUF Member

Right! Rather than opening a new topic I decided it would be best to ask here... There're two gas lines coming from my 600 petcock - there's the thick hose going "into" the bike and a smaller one coming out of the side (towards the back of the bike)... Which one should take the filter?
    Also would it be a problem if the filter is a bit/a lot tilted (not sure how much space I've got)?
    Q3: Since I'm not really good with imperial measurements which Pingel filter model fits the 600 fuel line 5/16" or the 3/8"? Guess that's the diameter of the hoses described above?

2. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

You should not have two gas lines. One line (larger of the two) is the gas line feed. You will put a filter in this line. The other line (smaller) should be your vacuum line to operate the petcock. Don't know the line size for the filter you ask about.

oFLiUF likes this.
  3. oFLiUF

oFLiUF Member

Got it! Now that I know which hose does what, I guess I'll be able to figure out the filter size... Thanks!

Cheers! V@

4. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Good Luck.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: You want a 5/16" I.D. & not the 3/8" in line filter. ID= inside diameter.

6. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Got any rebuilt valves Markus? Don’t feel like ordering all the required parts!

7. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yes sir, I have 900 and 1000 valves ready to go. I'll send you a PM