1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie Questions

Juan Gomez Oct 16, 2019

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Juan: When you flush the coolant system make sure that you use antifreeze that doen't contain silicate. It will destory your water pumps ceramic mechanical seal. Peak 50/50 does not contain silicate. ACE Hardware has the best price on PEAK 50/50. Sometimes they have it on sale for $6 a gallon. Also if you want to spend the extra money on ENGINE ICE it costs $22 for a half gallon. Most motorcycle shops sell it.

3. Juan Gomez

Juan Gomez New Member

Hey man thanks for the help. I checked that guide out as well as the owners manual to flush and refill my coolant. You guys are a blessing.
    I ended up using Prestone 50/50 with corrosion inhibitors, and checked it had no silicates. Much appreciated.

BY THE WAY hope you all had a great thanksgiving.

wuputt likes this.
  4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That's what we are here for to help out fellow members.

wuputt likes this.
  5. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

straight bars, solo seat, cut rail bars alum. weld in holes in rails after cut...rear fender filled in holes for rear seat mount....and yes that is a ZRX engine,6 speed trans, shaft drive!! who thinks this bike looks "BLAN" is nut job....[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019 at 11:27 AM
    wuputt, R. J. and JohnH#II like this.
  6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: It's bitchen bad!!! :notworthy:.

madmanncr500 likes this.
  7. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yep, that's one wicked ride there! I don't usually like customs but that one is gorgeous!

R. J., madmanncr500 and wuputt like this.
  8. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

:redface: oh you all are to kind.....:thumbsup:

wuputt likes this.
  9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: The negitive guys all got the boot. :laughing7:.