1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New Website Coming Soon!

mudrunner88 Jan 18, 2017

1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: How do you insert a pic under your signature.

2. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

Is a "CONVERSATION" the same as old "PM"? If not, how do I send a PM?

3. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I just want to give thanks to a couple of people in particular that made this new website upgrade happen. First is Mudrunner, thanks so much for your many hours of work on this to make it happen.......I really appreciate it Kevin! Second is PRfixer. Thank you Dave for your generous contribution to the site a couple of years ago when you sent me all the sticker stuff to sell for proceeds to be used for the site. You're donation has allowed us to make an expensive upgrade here for all to enjoy without having to get into any of the owners' pockets too deeply. Your generosity has helped many people and I thank you and Kevin from the bottom of my heart. Thanks guys........you are my heroes!

mudrunner88 likes this.
  4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: If someone wants to donate to the up keep & maintenance is it going to be set up as it once was.

5. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

On almost any page in the upper right corner...Hover over your name, on the menu that appears click "Signature" and edit as normal. There are the normal post features to add your photo inline. If you need more detail you can watch my intro videos on the youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKIN1ynvgyQ228PQtmZVaaw
    Something similar will be done, and it will be streamlined through paypal. We are still setting up the feature and discussing options. The more supporters we get, the more features and fun we can add.

Yes, these are the same. If you have time to watch the videos I linked above I explain this. It is hard for me to NOT call them PM's anymore LOL. Same thing though. Just go to INBOX and click "start a new conversation"

6. kawboy

Is there still a message limit? It was 100 before.

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I went to signature but I do not see anything about adding a pic.

8. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

It seems some of the settings for signatures aren't working, and I agree putting up a signature pic is confusing.
    Give me a bit and I will have a tutorial up for it.

I can tell you that you can use any size photo, but CSS will resize it down to a max of 400w x 125h in pixels.
    Standby for a better explanation :D

9. mudrunner88

You mean a limit to how many message you can have in your Inbox?

10. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Thank's. :hello2:

11. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

New website looks great..Thanks

12. kawboy

Yes

13. mudrunner88

No, right now there is not a limit. However if I see this being abused or the database growing rapidly we will have to go back to the 100 limit inbox size.

14. mudrunner88

OK man, got lots of good videos up. The ones you want to watch for this are Private Albums, and Signatures.

That should get you squared away. Sorry signatures seems to be the one thing not as easy as it used to be.

15. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

Well the site is def more modern looking and colorful. And everything is here once you figure out where to look so, I give it a thumbs up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017