1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New Website Coming Soon!

mudrunner88 Jan 18, 2017

1. hmt81

hmt81 Well-Known Member

Hey guys, still around although I post little, still love our classics, thanks for the updated site, love how easy the attachments work! 20160604_114939.jpg

2. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Glad everybody likes it! I hope everybody enjoys the easy features of this new software. I know Mark would have agreed with the move, we were thinking about this a long time ago but the software just wasn't ready yet.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

What happened to the private messages & groups. Mine was titled Florida ZL riders.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  4. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

You private messages should be in your "INBOX" they are now call "Conversations"

vBulletin social groups were one of those features that never took off with that company, and as so it isn't available with the new software.
    If you have stuff in your old group that is viable information please feel free to send me a PM "conversation" and I can try to help.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

Ya it seems like no one wants bothered with or just can't find the time to meet up & ride. Were is the ICONS such as the smiley faces.

6. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

We hid them right beside your glasses:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::D:D.
    Seriously though, they are directly above the black area that you type in, the eighth icon in from the right, do you see the smiley face now?

7. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

:notworthy:Loving this new website !

8. samuelc

samuelc Active Member

Looks great.:detective: takes a minute to find the old icons but I like how it works.

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Thank's. :thumbsup:

mudrunner88 likes this.
  10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: How do you EDIT an older post.

11. gosupes

gosupes Senior Member Supporting Member

Thanks for all the time you put into this mudrunner, looks good. Might want to consider a redirect for those who have the old url bookmarked.

12. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

R.J. you asked---"How do you EDIT an older post."
    With the new software you can only edit a post within 5 minutes of posting. Sorry, if you really need something edited maybe myself or Mud can do it.

13. furchin

gosupes, probably the easiest thing to do is google the site and bookmark the new site to your pc or device that you use. I myself did not have a redirect problem as the new site loaded right away. But I know a few have had some problems in getting to the new site.

14. mudrunner88

Actually the old software was 5 mins. The new software we are a little more generous with one hour. That way if you make a mistake in a long post or a big thread like the one about your quad build (I like that one BTW) you can edit the post and fix stuff.

Near the bottom left of your post you should see an edit hyperlink. Just click that, fix post, and save as normal. If outside the limit, any of the mod's or admins would be glad to help.

If anybody had www.zl-oa.com/forums bookmarked than yes they will have an issue. However most people know that they can drop back to the domain www.zl-oa.com and if they do that yes there is a permanent 301 re-direct to www.zl-oa.com/community.

This was done by design so that in the future we could have a landing page or block at the root page perhaps. Just made sense to me.
    I will look into a redirect for the /forums directory as long as it doesn't break my 301's for the old search engine links. Right now all the old links at the search engines get 301'ed.

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: My Water Pump Rebuild thread in Member Service's I was able to go back a year to EDIT posts. I did several posts because of wrong part #s & wrong input.

16. mudrunner88

Point well made. For that section I see it fit to make editing and deleting unlimited by the original poster. Thanks for your input! Permissions have been adjusted for the Member Services section.

17. gosupes

gosupes Senior Member Supporting Member

Definitely different they way this board works compared to the old. Say you want to reply to a post, you click reply and whatever text you want quoted comes up. You have a change of heart, visit some other links, then come back. The old quoted text is still there waiting for you to hit the Post Reply button and there doesn't look like there is a way to cancel the reply and move on. Hard to explain, never seen another board work quite this way so I'm not sure if this is by design or not.

18. furchin

"and there doesn't look like there is a way to cancel the reply and move on"
    what I found is simply hit your back button once you return to the post screen and it will delete it.

19. mudrunner88

You don't have to hit "Reply" unless you want to quote. The reply box is always on the bottom of the page for regular replies.

In regards to what you said, I believe this is by design. It caches what you are replying before you hit "Post Reply" I think this was to help with prevention of a "lost post"

You can simply highlight it and press delete on the keyboard.

20. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

Digging the new site! Thanks for all the hard work.