1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New Website Coming Soon!

mudrunner88 Jan 18, 2017

1. falkoP

falkoP Member

HI,

Im waiting for a new and modern look...

Ciao

2. CYCLEIMP

CYCLEIMP New Member

Sounds Good

3. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

I can neither confirm nor deny that Bob saw something when he was at my 40th Birthday bash! :dontknow:

:yeahthat: So true. You think you got it and something else pops up. Or you fix one thing and it breaks another.

No problem, but you should all thank "Furchin" for bringing me back to my calling...After all I was missing for a few years :laughing7:

4. ZLrider

ZLrider Well-Known Member

Yep, also still around. Just been more into my Z28s and the SS lately. Glad the site's still here, nothing beats this place when your Eli is ailing. Unlike most of you, not looking forward to change. Yes, everything changes, but when it come to web sites being made easier to access with your phone comes funky looking rendering on the computer which is still my method of choice. Also most software upgrades seem to basically add little more than new ways to spam you with ads. I rarely upgrade anything anymore. It it isn't broke don't fix it is pretty much how I roll.

Looking forward to riding weather, although there were a ton of bikes out on Saturday which hit 60 degs. Quite a rarity for the Midwest in January! Have fun guys and be safe out there. It was already dicey out on the roads before every idiot on the planet had a cel phone.

5. Motorsinc

Motorsinc Member

Hello, Anxious to see what you have done

6. Bronx66

Bronx66 Member

Looking forward to both spring and the new upgrade to this amazing website. God bless to all you guys.

7. Turn_em

Turn_em Active Member

Will see you all soon. Keep up the Great Work !!

8. thinman

thinman Member

Still have my old 86 Eliminator and still want to stay on board the forum. Looking forward to the new software.

9. Chopperguy

Chopperguy Active Member

Thanks for our hard work. Looking forward to seeing it. I think it s the motivation I need to recommission/restore my Zl1000.
    Thanks for remembering my birthday too! Appreciated.

10. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Just a quick update. Testing is going good, a few quirks to work out but mostly all minor.
    During the final testing stages I may do some How-To: Videos as a teaser.
    Then when testing is done it would go live.
    Right now I'm predicting just a few more weeks if no other issues arise.

11. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Active Member

I would like to keep my membership. Still got my ZL1000

12. RedRum

RedRum Member

Waiting

13. bsatcmp

bsatcmp Member

... looking forward to the updates!

14. ZL1000-Rider

ZL1000-Rider Active Member

glad I checked my e-mail today to find this notice .. please keep on list .. even if I'm not here much .. this site is better than a good book @ times..:laughing7: got pass the last yr. w/ chemo & surgery.. almost posted (for sale ) But ..thinks I'll need it now .. Plus .. Turn-em *(David) we still owe each other a ride together ! ..summer is coming. Is not a number Man .. is why I don't post .. Thanks for the upgrade

15. mudrunner88

So I just want to update everybody. The new website is coming along great, the graphics are very friendly to all PC's, and mobile devices.
    • The to the "Top" button is fixed and works as it should.
    • You will have the option to login with Facebook or Google accounts, or your original ZL-OA credentials.
    • Uploading attachments is MUCH easier.
    • The Media Gallery has larger thumbnails and they are dynamic (change when you hover for a second)
    • The chat engine is update heavily and integrated right into the website...So no more leaving the forums just to chat.
    • Choose your very color for your "Style" and in addition choose a background picture that you enjoy (Background photos are preset by admin, but a nice selection so far).
    • Like a thread? Link it right to your facebook page so your friends can see it.
    • Like a post? There will now be a "LIKE" button for when people post a usual answer to your problem.
    • Links in the footer to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, and GMail for quick easy access and they open in a new tab so you don't lose your page on the site.

As we get into using the new software we may add more features. But this gives you all and idea where we are heading. Teaser/How To videos coming soon.

16. mudrunner88

Mmmm hot sausage patties w/cheese and a Nice COLD draft beer while I sort through a whole mess of smilies to import.
    Yum!

17. eagles1539

eagles1539 Active Member

Good morning. Site looks great Mudrunnerr88. Thanks for all your hard work.

mudrunner88 likes this.
  18. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Well-Known Member

SO FAR SO GOOD still trying to navigate thisplace!!!:headbang:

mudrunner88 likes this.
  19. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

It's so good to see all the old timers show up and post. I too hope the new website changes will spark new interest around here and increase the traffic. Surely some guys have moved on from their Eliminators but ya'll still have plenty to contribute to discussions and you'll never really get the bike outta' your system anyway. Great new look Kevin.....thanks for all your work on it Brother.......much appreciated!!

mudrunner88 and madmanncr500 like this.
  20. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

Very nice looking site Mud, well done. My old saved link does not work anymore but I found the new one.