1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New Website Coming Soon!

mudrunner88 Jan 18, 2017

1. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

ZL-OA will soon be given a new look! Stay tuned to this thread and as the new site develops I can answer any questions you may have.

For various reasons, we have decided to switch software as well. The new software will bring a much needed new look to the website and will allow better use of mobile, and tablets as well.

The layout will look different, but the software is very similar as far as posting and replying etc. There will be some fun new features that I add as well.

You the user don't have to do anything at this point. Your account will be imported to the new software along with all your posts, private messages, photos, etc. All you have to do is wait impatiently for a day in the near future for us to unveil it.

Look forward to seeing you all over there once it opens, and I hope this brings interest back into the site and we see more traffic.

Talk to you all soon, I'm going to hide behind my keyboard and make the magic happen now!

2. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

Although I am not around much lately, I still check in on the boys once in awhile. I look forward to seeing the new ZL-OA!!

I hope everyone is well, and staying out of trouble!!!

Scotty B

3. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

It's great to see you :thumbsup:

4. Southernstyle

Southernstyle Senior Member

Same here, not around much these days, but look forward to the new site!

5. acp

acp Senior Member

Morning All,

I haven't posted in a long time, but I do check in every now and then so I am looking forward to seeing what the new design is like.

6. badbrad

badbrad Senior Member

Looking forward to the new site! Haven't stopped in for some time now but this site is awesome with great people and plan on visiting a little more in the near future! After all, I own two of the best bikes ever made and I owe this site and its members for their success.

Brad

7. UKPete

UKPete Well-Known Member

Good luck with the new site. Although I have passed on my Eli, it's good to see how things are.

8. zrexxx

zrexxx Well-Known Member

I am still here. been awhile.
    unfortunitly i sold the zrx 1200 but i still have the zl. i hope to have it back on the road this spring.
    hope to make mid-ohio this summer.
    Thats how we roll.

zrexxxx

9. jmac

jmac Well-Known Member

Morning everyone.
    Just like above, I haven't posted on here in a while. Kids and work have cut in to play time a bit. Its good to hear you guys are upgrading the website. I look forward to checking it out.

10. genefrost_zl900

genefrost_zl900 Active Member

Cool! Please don't remove me ;)

11. mudrunner88

Thanks, it's good to see everybody. Don't worry, nobody will be removed as long as have posts.

Maintenance and cleanup will start today, with a little bit of database work.
    The site might go down for 1/2hr some time today during the D.B. work.

12. mudrunner88

I want to thank everybody for their patience if you tried to visit this site this morning/afternoon and it was down for a bit.

We have successfully merged the KERA Archives into our existing forums. You can find the KERA section towards the bottom page of the forums.
    This is an archive section, so you can search, and read, but you can not post or reply here.

If you have a question in relation to something in there, you can always start a new thread in the appropriate forum and post a hyperlink to KERA so people can review it.

Our next step will be to upload and start configuring our new software. The changes won't go live until we are done.

Stay tuned!:thumbsup:

13. jdubay

jdubay Active Member

Looking Forward toward It! I hope we don't loose any of the old posting data from the ZL Masters:notworthy: I still have my ZL1000 with 2,500 original miles on her, Carbs have been cleaned, And I hope to have them back on this summer! After I finish remodeling this old house!! Jaa

14. mudrunner88

Nice! Nope, we aren't at risk for losing anything. I have already performed a trial run and it went flawless. I know how feel, I bought my house a few years ago now and the projects are endless. Especially outdoors for me, but this time of the year I'm stuck inside mostly due to New England weather.

15. Eliminated

Eliminated Active Member

Still waiting for the extra cash to get mine on the road, but still check in once in a while to see what's happening. Go Team!!:groupcheers:

16. BudKaw900

BudKaw900 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the New Site! Recuperating from new right hip replacement so I'll be looking for something to browse! Take care everybody! : )

17. mudrunner88

Yeah my days are numbered for my hip. Speedy recovery! I will be working as quick as possible to bring you entertainment. :occasion14:

18. Niek

Niek Active Member

Yay! New look and feel! Although I'm not much of a regular poster, I appreciate the improvements on here. Excellent stuff! :thumbsup:

19. Smykes

Smykes Active Member

Hi all from Scotland :)
    Same here.. not much time to do much of anything these days.. family/work.

Good news about the site, always a good information resource for most bike problems,
    thanks go to all members for keeping this available.

I still have my '86 ZL600, havent ridden much last 2 years , osteoporosis and hip problems, but the occasional fishing trip inland blows away the cobwebs :)
    Happy Belated New Year Ride Safe :headbang:

20. Mopar1darrell

Mopar1darrell Active Member

I still have my eliminator. It's still hibernating due to a no crank issue I couldn't figure out after some disassembly but I have recently gotten my old kz/ltd 1000 up and running so the eliminator is next. I want to stay part of the forum. I hope to feature it on my Instagram page, same username, as i get it running and finish the modifications i was up to when the project had to be put away. The audience should appreciate it. It's not stock and reasonably unusual so it should be a hit and only help our fledgling brand. Thx :headbang: