1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

New addition to the stable

Wissler Nov 30, 2018

1. Wissler

Wissler Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Well, my father-in-law had a mini stroke and left his vision impaired. Moving him into an assisted living apartment and he decided to give me his bike.
    2001 Honda Goldwing he bought new. Now has 180K miles. Crazy, right. Don't know anyone that has ever put more miles on a bike.
    Not even on my top 10 bikes to own, but it's like riding a Cadillac compared to a hot rod. On our way home early Sunday morning. Wish me luck, gotta drive through Chicago on Sunday 20181130_134850.jpg

2. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Looks like it's well cared for and it will sure be ready for a good cleaning when you get it back home. Sorry to hear about your F.I.L. as we never want to get something like that under those conditions but I'm sure it's going to another good home. I had an 85 model. They're heavy but you get used to that fairly quickly and they're not too bad once they're moving down the road. Those miles are break in miles for a Goldwing. Congrats and have fun on it Brother!

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

What a gift! He will be happy to hear of some of the travels you and the wife have touring around on the wing. Enjoy, it's nice to have choices as to what to throw your leg over.

4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: My friend Ron A traded his last 1800 Wing in on a 2016 V twin Honda. At the time it had 256 K miles on it. I read someplace on the WEB one guy had over 600 K miles on his.

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

And I don't doubt that one bit. Those Goldwings run forever! Might have to get a trike when I get so old I can't hold up two wheels anymore.

R. J. likes this.
  6. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

They are great for long cruises down those interstate highways and as others have said, those motors have very good reputations.
    Congrats.
    And if I am not mistaken, they even have a reverse gear.