1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Need decals for zl900!

Pager Oct 22, 2018

1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I'm not sure how things got so confusing over something that we all know. As said before the ZL 1000 never had decals/stickers on the side covers. Most people call them emblems/badges.

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:Some see it so and some see it so :laughing7:. I got in contact w/ a self-employed graphic designer who has the right self-adhesive foils and a cutting plotter - very helpful. The Eliminator lettering is easy to get but remember the ZL9-decals are different in size LH/RH so you need two equal ones, I suggest to measure the ZL10 side cover for the right size of the decal...maybe you print it first on a sheet of paper and hold it on the cover for further variations.:thumbsup:

3. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: This seems to be a better thread for Decals/stickers/graphics. I found a local guy to make us decals Todds Graphics to Go in Sanford FL which is 20 mins from me. All the ones (7) in Volusia County turned me away or was way too high in price. I'm going to get quotes of all the decals for all the ZLs. Any thing that anyone wants done post up pics of what you need on this thread & not https://www.zl-oa.com/community/threads/looking-for-tank-decal-for-red-fuel-tank.24566/#post-242604 Here are pics & pricing of what I got done. All decals are done on vinyl in gloss & are much brighter than these pics. Cost for what is in the pics was $53.50 for a set of 6 each of 4 sizes. That seems to low. I'll have to verify the pricing. IMG_6986.JPG IMG_6988.JPG IMG_6987.JPG

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  4. Harriminator

:hello:What about 'SINGLE REAR DRIVESHAFT'? :laughing7:

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: :wtf:

6. Harriminator

:hello:Too many bikes have DOHC but cardan? I often try different things to get customizing by me ;) so e. g. on the GPZ900R is written 'liquid cooled' - I'll let it plot in Japanese as sticker...and remember: DOHC is already on the old Z900 sidecover...or is it intention?:geek:

R. J. likes this.
  7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Good idea himming way. :notworthy:. I might add liquid cooling to one set of side cover decals for a more custom look.