1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

My Biggest Regret

Bob Salemi Nov 17, 2018

1. Bob Salemi

Bob Salemi New Member

Hey Guys

just joined the ZL-OA Family

I am 54 years old and bought my Cranberry 87 ZL100 brand new for $ 3,800

Sold it in 2001 in Salem NH for $2,500 with 4500 miles on it to buy a Harley

regretted it ever since

Still have a Harley and a Ducati but miss my ZL

have plenty of garage space now times are better

I want it back !

if any one is selling one in very good shape or maybe mines still out there

yuh right

I'm Looking!

2. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

There are a few bikes listed in the for sale section of the classified section of this site.

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

https://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1987-kawasaki-zl1000/6733904492.html

Pretty clean looking from the pictures. It's not mine. I've never bought one from far away but they should be able to send detailed photos. If you would consider shipping, I could possibly pop on over and check it out in person. It's probably 45 minutes away from me. What model bikes you have now, those monsters always catch my eye and just keep getting better as the years go on.

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Welcome to the site. The one linked in this thread is probably the nicest one out there right now besides the one in my garage that I'm still waiting on my tank getting fixed. It's black as well and as you probably know, the red ones are far and few between. I have two red ones in mint condition in my garage but I can't see selling either of them. My black one for sale has 3700 miles on it.

kvalheim likes this.
  5. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site and Markus 56 has the nicest one out there for sale when he gets the tank done

6. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

I'm lucky enough to have found my old bike and it's cuurently sitting in the garage waiting to be brough back to it's former glory.;)