1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. basket case

basket case Well-Known Member

Peeled a few more parts off the carcass . If you're interested let me know. Make an offer shipping is extra and a small handling fee... I am sorta fussy about packing.
    I have : starter, generator,rear brake assy(all of it) front brake assy, wiring harness minus stand switch,rear wheel(minus tire) rear hub assy ,front wheel(no rotors,bent) lower fork tubes, radiator,fan ,titled frame,swing arm, drive shaft ,engine parts(be specific!), ignitor,...I am forgetting some things. NO cosmetics! No air intake or exhaust! I have shipped all that to members. Most will agree that I am fussy on packing. Sorry to Shane in UK my bad on fuel cap! Best offer/make offer plus shipping world-wide . Selling the (MY) Relic, don't need the business parts anymore. If they(parts) don't go to you(Elimination) they don't go anywhere! Thanks!...Dave..... Let me know!

2. basket case

I can shoot pictures if you need them..... Thanks.... Dave.

3. basket case

Oh yeah... These are all used parts! Original to the donor bike I bought in 96'. The parts are not new and as far as I know are in working condition. Any parts that I know are not good are not offered...period!. Thanks... Dave

4. basket case

shot a few pictures anyway if you are interested send me a pm with offers or E-mail = trukatedave@gmail.com Thanks Dave DSCN1147.JPG DSCN1148.JPG DSCN1149.JPG DSCN1150.JPG DSCN1151.JPG DSCN1152.JPG DSCN1153.JPG DSCN1154.JPG DSCN1155.JPG DSCN1156.JPG DSCN1157.JPG DSCN1158.JPG DSCN1159.JPG DSCN1160.JPG DSCN1161.JPG DSCN1162.JPG DSCN1146.JPG

5. basket case

Sold the generator for $10 so it's gone. Thanks

6. swoop

swoop Member

looking for a one way gear, oem p/n 16085-1118 has do with the starter clutch assembly ?

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: IMO when installing the starter clutch assembly I would go with new OEM parts because they should be installed as a set. One way starter clutch. Part # 13193-1057. Price $108.24. One way clutch. Part # 16085-1173. Price $72.95. http://www.partzilla.com/parts/sear...tor/GENERATOR+SHAFT-STARTER+CLUTCH/parts.html I made the mistake of just installing the one way starter clutch on my sport quad & less than a year later I had to do it again. What happened was the old one way gear was wore with marks & indentations from the one way starter clutch, The new one way starter clutch prematurely wore out. What happens is when hitting the start button rotating the starter gear then the one way clutch opens & grabs onto the gear thus in returns spins the motor.

8. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

I agree R.J., it's too much work getting to it to go with a used part.

9. swoop

swoop Member

the one way gear p/n 16085-1118 is discontinued ... can't find one anywhere ?

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Yes the ZL900 is discontinued because it was junk. :laughing7:. The ZL, ZG 10 was up graded from KAW. I've never done one on any inline 4s. On both of my Yamaha quads it is easy to replace. For me it's about a 3 hour job. You can do it by just removing the magneto/flywheel.

11. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:The ZL900 was built for 2 years only coz no other KAW bike ever looked better.:laughing7::headbang:

12. basket case

All valid points posted above.^^^ . If you still want it let me know. I would probably use it on my 9 ....but that's because I bought the parts bike for parts. New is ALWAYS better if it is to be afforded and found.................Thanks Dave

13. basket case

All of the parts are available from the starter to the other end of the starter clutch

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I wasn't talking about the ZL 9 it's self. I was referring to it's starter clutch. The 9 does look like a Harley Sportster. :laughing7:.

15. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

I know...:laughing7:
    For Americans only who misplaced the glasses...:laughing7:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017
  16. swoop

swoop Member

I'm still searching for a new part, not having much luck, also looking at having one made at a machine shop ( may be tough without factory specs or prints ) if all else fails I may have to try a used one ? I may be reaching out to you, Thanks, Neil

17. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: What part is it that you need.

18. basket case

If the parts are still here I'll be glad to help. Have some interest in the bike for sale. Parts may be part of that deal.
    Thanks
    Dave