1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Machined fork caps

Wissler Jul 10, 2018

1. Wissler

Wissler Well-Known Member Supporting Member

About a year ago, I purchased a set of machined fork caps from ebay. Seller said he's not making them again.
    Bummer
    Last week I gave mine to a machinist to see how much to copy....
    Out of 4 machinist buddys, Noone has the jig to do the straight knurl and they say it's about $250 for the jig.
    His options are criss cross knurled or we could get them smooth.
    I can get them for about $20 a set either way.
    I'll try to attach pictures of the set I have, but the knurl will not be straight.

Caps on the left are stock ones on the right are machined and I polished them.
    Any interest in these guys?? Post up. I'd need to get 10 sets to cover the cost of the CNC set-up 20180710_133156.jpg 20180710_133156.jpg

Attached Files:

2. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Made from ally I'm assuming.

Might be interested in a few sets...for myself and to sell over here in the UK.