1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Lets go hunting

R. J. Oct 24, 2013

1. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

furchin, nice looking buck! PA mountians or did you harvest it near corn fields? The ones from the hills seem to have that Laurel taste, maybe it's in my mind though. Love me some deer summer sausage.

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nice buck Martin. :notworthy:. What area of PA do you hunt.

3. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

@87kawzl, no real mountains close the where I hunt but a lot of large ridges and valleys. but at 60 years old the ridges seem like mountains. I shot this one at the top of one of the ridges while we were putting on a drive.
    @ R.J., I hunt in Huntingdon County, south central Pa. I have hunted the same place for 48 years. The owner of the property has in the neighborhood of 2000 acres. Way too much ground to cover it all but we do ok.

R. J. likes this.
  4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Nice. :notworthy:. How many people hunt this 2 K acres?

5. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

10 to 14 depending on the day of the week.

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: That's a good # of people. That way you are not on top of one another. I checked into a hunting lease here in FL. It's a joke. $2500 per person. 12oo acres for 25 people & they run dogs. After the first few days you run all the deer off. :laughing7:.

7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Here is another nice buck on my Nephews 45 acres in Noth Central PA in the small town of Cherry Tree that made it through this past deer season. Pic was taken in last week of Jan. 2018. IMG_6994.JPG IMG_6996.JPG