1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Latest Advice: Possible Solution Covid -19!

Trojan441 Mar 18, 2020

1. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

My thought for the day....................

What you have to remember is........more peeps die on the road than any other means of death.....and we accept that risk and ride in amongst all that carnage.

Why the hell should I worry about this???????

I'll take precautions just like I do when I ride a bike and I don't wish this on anyone....well nearly.

So....eat meat, die young and enjoy yourself!

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Toilet paper is out - first victim.:roflmao:
    IMG_20200321_092204.jpg

3. lowlife

lowlife ZL Mad Scientist/ Supporting member Technical Author Supporting Member

I can't say for sure Jeff, but I think my entire family had it about a month to 6 weeks ago. I'll try to keep it short.
    Son in law was in DC for 6 weeks for class. The majority of his class after a week or so had roughly 3 days of a high fever, coughing, shortness of breath and body aches. Not everyone had exact symptoms. Some of this is generalizations.

Daughter went to see him and a few days after getting back came down one night with a mild fever body aches. Felt reasonably ok after 24 hours.

She comes to see us my wife gets violently ill with ridiculously high fever, shortness of breath tightness in the chest.

I get one night of body aches and very cold. My daughter has my DNA obviously and I frankly never get sick. When I do it's short and not as severe.

Do I know? No I do not nor will I pay to get an antibody screen. Out of 4 of us there are 2 Drs 1 nurse and an idiot. My daughter works on the front line as a ER Dr in a major metropolitan city. Some have said....This has been here for some time. We just didn't know what it was. It's so close to the flu that we thought that's what is was and most of the time if it's the flu we just send them home and stay hydrated.

Maybe that's why people though the flu shot wasn't working?

IDK take it for what it's worth. Personally I honestly think that it's been here for a bit, many of us had had it and didn't know it figuring it was the flu or no symptoms at all. I'm more worried about the economy than the virus.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  4. lowlife

As an after thought I feel this was an excellent dry run. We in this country think it will never happen here this is the USA we are the greatest country on earth. I do not personally feel this virus is a global killer. That one is still out there creeping around the edges. And it will show it's ugly head some day

We made many mistakes as a country and individually. We will hopefully stock our shelves a little deeper , be a little better prepared and our leaders will have learned through trial and error what they need to do and to bring manufacturing back. China threatened to with hold medical supplies amd drugs. Don't think they followed through but they could have.

Also my wife and daughter don't laugh at me now as a prepper. My food is stocked deeeeeeeep with food in sealed Mylar bags with oxygen absorbers. My freezers have 2 pigs and 1 beef cow with roughly 300 lbs of chicken. What goes bad goes to my dogs but properly stored that takes a looking time. My ammo shelves count numbers in the 10s of thousands, and many other things which will not be discussed ever. So people get ready, be ready, hopefully we won't need it but it is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Stay safe

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Now that's some damned good advice right there!

lowlife likes this.
  6. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

To follow up on Harry's post-------------
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

paulfun likes this.
  7. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Senior Member

My 84 year old father is sick all flu like symptoms went to doc... didn't take a 19 test on him...said he just has the flu, now my 79 old mom has the same....my youngest son, now im feeling a chest cold like coming on...scary sh it for sure.....be safe all....

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: My Niece in VA told me that her Brother-In-Law who is in the Army is being deployed to CA on a Peace Keeping Mission. So what in the hell is going on in CA. Here in FL the stores are rationing toilet paper, water, bread and milk. The Devil when down to ??? :laughing7:.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: People are just stupid. I can name a dozen things to wipe with other than toilet paper. :laughing7:. We haven't been to a store in 3 weeks and don't need to for the next 3 months. We've been having toiletries delivered to the house by HAUSPAS for my Wifes 95 year old Mother for the past 6 months. We have so much It's piling up. :laughing7:.

10. madmanncr500

madmanncr500 Senior Member

send some to me RJ....

R. J. likes this.
  11. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Guns and ammo sales are going through the roof again not just in FL but all over the US. 223/556 and .22 is out of stock here in Central FL. I have about 4 K rounds of each and about the same in 7.62x39.

12. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

My fav ammo site SgAmmo has been out of stock for a couple weeks. Cheaper than Dirt was price gouging like mofos, they are shut down for it. I have plenty of ammo and Toilet Paper!
    I hear whispers of a LOT of Indictments getting unlocked in the very near future. I dont know for sure who is going down but I'm pretty sure it will make us smile!

13. lowlife

Ahhh, I like it when there is a run on guns and ammo. Just one more potential 2nd amendment supporter.

Martin you made me laugh with that video and that ain't ez.

Madman hopefully it will be caught early enough

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    R. J. likes this.
  14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello:I buy a lot of my guns and ammo from Bert at A&N Sports in Sanford FL since 1994. He dropped off my 1930s .410 Winchester shotgun last night that I bought from him a few months back. It needed repaired. He had it done at no cost to me. He told me that he has sold every handgun that he had in stock and 70% of his long guns. Also about 60% 0f his ammo. His 3 suppliers is out of stock on ARs, Mini 14s/30s, SIG .556, AK 47 and anything else that takes high capacity mags.

15. Trojan441

Trojan441 Well-Known Member

We have been in a soft lock down since Monday night, stupid people partied @ the Weekend & pissed off the Government, so here we are! It is initially for 21 days, so Easter is scrubbed. The biking season starts in the UK around these holidays, but the risk of infection is deemed to high.

16. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

There's a biking season????

17. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Too late - the deaths in the UK will raise, telling you! BoJo is a lame duck, as I've heard your underground was crowded last week without necessary distance to each other.

So true SciFi-words in these times:
    then-were-stupid-and-well-die-pris-blade-runner-1982.jpg

R. J. likes this.
  18. Trojan441

After the Winter, the British Isles are generally these days, wet & miserable from October to April & 2012020 has been very windy too!

19. Trojan441

Sadiq Khan, decided to 1/2 the number of Tube trains! Too many idiots here, bought into this being the normal flu! Bojo, ummh! Glad it is not Corbyn!

20. Wissler

Wissler Senior Member Supporting Member

Friends. I'm scared shytless either way. I have asthma, wife works at a psych hospital with 3 nurses out. Our maintenance guy is out at work with symptoms. City of Milwaukee and Waukesha is on "stay home stay safe" type of lockdown. Work says we are working because we make parts for medical respirators and other crucial parts.