1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Kawasaki Parts Site

zlMark Nov 9, 2007

1. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Just wanted to announce that the Kawasaki site has changed the parts again,, and this time for the better!!!

To access the parts site go to www.kawasaki.com or Click on the ZL6/9/10 link in the following thread: http://www.zl-oa.com/community/threads/Links-to-Kawasaki-Microfiche-ZL10-9-6.14047

On the lower left menu hover your mouse over "Owner Info" to open the sub-menu

Select "Parts Diagrams"

The page that opens you can enter the VIN number and hit continue or choose the "search by model" information. If you choose search by model information on the new page that opens you will find under "Marketing Names" select ZL1000 or Eliminator 900. You don't have to select Model Year, CC and Product types at this point. Just click on Continue.

Under option 3 click on "Click here to choose"

On the next page that opens you will select "Parts Diagrams"

On the next page that opens select your 49 state model or the Ca model *Note*Your popup blocker may block the next page from opening, add www.kawasaki.com to your blockers list or hold down the CTRL key while clicking on the "Model" link.

The new window or tab that opens will be the Parts Catalog. Below are some tips for the catalog.

You can also create a "My Kawasaki Login" and store your bikes in there by VIN

Here are some direct links to our bikes:

ZL900 A1: http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasakinew...ketingID=308&ModelYear=1985&ModelCode=ZL900A1

ZL900 A2: http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasakinew...ketingID=308&ModelYear=1986&ModelCode=ZL900A2

ZL1000 A1: http://www.kawasaki.com/kawasakinew...etingID=429&ModelYear=1987&ModelCode=ZL1000A1

You can click on the part# and it pops up a new tab with the availability!!(Make sure your pop-up blocker isn't blocking it)
    [​IMG]

This one when you click on the yellow "?" it will tell you what it's used on,, nice feature!
    [​IMG]

Red/White S is for Supersession!!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2017
  2. Stormy

Stormy Senior Member

3. Ferret

Ferret Supporting Member

Re: Kawasaki Parts Site change

If your engine pipes are okay and you're after a replica collector box/power chamber and replica mufflers then have a look at this page ..

http://www.dropbears.com/o/overlander/exhausts.htm

and scroll down to the Kawasaki section.

He's in South Western Victoria but has been mentioned before on this site.

Perhaps the shipping cost puts them out of reach for the O/S folks but may be within reason shippingwise for us Oz owners.

Anyways .. it's another option in the ring :D

4. RickZL

RickZL Well-Known Member

I wonder if the exhaust pipes of the GTR1000 fit the ZL1000. The GTR1000 engine is sometimes used as a replacement for the ZL engine and has a nice fit in the frame.

But.....does anyone has experience with the pipes of the gtr on the ZL frame?

Greetings from Holland,
    Rick

5. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Hi Rick!

The zl frame downtubes run right through the #1 and #4 exhaust. Those ZG/GTR pipes would run smack into them.

6. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Active limited quantities! What does this mean?! Are these parts on reserve somewhere for the ELIte? I've ordered parts 2x under this status only to come back discontinued. And Go* **** Kawasaki for abandoning these Relics. I say we take these 800 some members on a ride to KAWASAKI HQ! There's a PIC to have!

7. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Yea I have had the same happen to me. They update the site periodically to change status of availability and supersession info.

I say we get all Kawasaki Riders to join us!!! You(Kawasaki) want us to buy these bikes then you better be there for us on the long haul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. MikeC

MikeC Senior Member

Exactly! It really pi***** me off sometimes when I think about how I love this bike. Its unbelieveable to me how they ignore, IMHO, they're BEST OF line. Its exciting and all, finding the part you need on ebay or some off the wall site, but I'd gladly trade that excitement just to click on the new parts I want and stalk the ups tracking site.
    OK I'm done. Thanks for listening.

9. davidtrogg

davidtrogg Well-Known Member

wowo wot a coincidence .. ineed 5 16065 1146 4 for me and 1 for a mate
    Kawasaki in uk say they are no longer available ..could any of you let me know if you can get these in the states how much and could they ship to uk ..

thanks

by the way will have a set of 750 carbs for sale soon . slight damage but ok for spares also rubbers and silver side panells and air box as i am fitting new gpz 750r carbs and K&N cones on mine
    :headbang:

10. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Pretty sure these are discontinued in the USA as well. Later.

11. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Yep Cancelled