1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: That 2004 connie motor in FL looks to be a good one.

2. The Original Sin

The Original Sin Active Member

Is the Connie motor a strait swap into the ZL1000? Are there any modifications I need to contend with. What years are ok to use as a donor. What other engines can I use that would be a easy in? Any members out there willing to sell a good spare engine at a fare price?

3. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

4. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yeah, I'd get the latest Connie motor you can find closest to 2006. You could also put in one from a 1000R but chances are they've been beat on.

5. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: The connie uses smaller carbs all's you have to do is use your intake boots. Also the newer connies has a 6 row starter chain set up.

6. paulfun

paulfun "King Of The 1/4mi (Internally Stock)"

I have a spare zl1000 that was test run once and has been in storage since.

The engine seemed to run fine and smooth but it was only tested in the frame without radiator or tires.
    The previous owner tried a cheap spray paint of it so it would need a good cleaning.

Would be willing to sell it in the frame it sits in which means you would get some spare parts.

PM me if interested.

I also have a complete zl1000 that will run fine with a battery and carb cleaning Major need for that is a leak in the fuel tank at the rear mount. $1000.00 cash if you can come pick it up and transfer the title.