1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

How to Videos?

forneyguy May 3, 2019

1. forneyguy

forneyguy Member

I can't find the "How To Videos".

2. furchin

furchin ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

3. forneyguy

forneyguy Member

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I don't know if we have any how to videos on repairs or rebuilds. Just pics.

5. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

all we have are in the Technical section. Would be happy to have any how to videos anyone wants to make added!

6. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: That would be nice but I don't see it happening. We only have a few guys that go through the trouble to make posts with pics when doing repairs or maintenance.

7. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

I would like to see a video on how to adjust the head valves. That would be cool. I have read up on how to adjust them but a video would add a bit more confidence to tackle that job.

8. forneyguy

forneyguy Member

I love this bike, 85 ZL900,I have loved this bike I guess forever but I think it's time for a rebuild, it's starting to smoke, grey smoke, I would love and appreciata
    te any help I can get. Thank you guys

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I've watched many how to videos on U tube but to me they fall well short on details sort of like service manuals do. They are done by people who are mechanical technicians that don't explain things in the way that the every day guy can understand. For example remove such in such but they don't tell you how to remove it. :banghead:.

10. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Well here is my 2c... Buy yourself a low cost compression tester on eBay. Check that, see how they differ. Next you learn how to set the valves, this is a very common problem and adjustment. I did valves every couple years when I was putting a lot of miles on. After setting the valves check the compression again. Give us a little maintenance history on the bike if you can. How many miles are on it?

R. J. likes this.
  11. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Steve from shoodaben Engineering has videos on the ZG 1000 Concours. https://sites.google.com/site/shoodabenengineering/Here is video from shouldabeenenginering on valve adjustment on a Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours. Here is another one. This one is an hour long.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: How to sync carbs.