1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi Guys. New ZL1000 owner and new to the forum

Wads_ZL1 Sep 9, 2019 at 2:43 AM

?

Silver or black, that is the question lol.

1. Silver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Black, because it goes faster.

100.0%
  1. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 New Member

They look like a nice fit, a lot better than what’s on mine.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

I definitely think you should treat yourself to a new set of bars. It's funny how they change the character of a bike.

3. wuputt

wuputt ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

I have ZL9 stock bars on my 1K, have to be careful cuz they will collide with the tank! I like those Daytona bars better!

4. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Active Member

They clear the tank too.

Attached Files:

5. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

6. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 New Member

Yes, I’m not comfortable with the feel of the current bars, hopefully changing it back closer to standard will fix that.

Will look into the ZL9 bars, already have some panel beating to do due to the current set up.

Yeah, definitely closer to the look I’m after as well.
    Thanks for the welcome, great to be here. The ZL1k looks nice in that colour too, not sure which way I’ll go with it yet, plenty of time to decide though.

Tempted to rebuild the engine before applying paint so I know it’s going to run strong for years to come. I have noticed a few small gremlins in it already. The tacho only works 10% of the time. There is a grinding rattle type noise from the starter motor for the first cold start in the morning and seems to be a slight weep from the water pump after a 30 minute run. It apparently has a GTR (Connie) engine in it with 20k kilometres. Maybe I’ll just run it and enjoy it as is and see how long it lasts.

7. GaryD

GaryD Supporting Member

Just bought a set of yam YBR125 bars...have almost the same bent as the ZL...deffo worth a look.

8. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 New Member

Will jump on ebay and look into those now.

9. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

10. Wads_ZL1

Wads_ZL1 New Member

Thanks RJ, thats a good thread. Well worth the time to read. Looks like it will be a little trial and error to find the right style to suit.
    There is no doubt that the ones on my bike at the moment are just plain wrong.