1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi from the UK

Speed Engels Jul 10, 2018

1. Speed Engels

Speed Engels New Member

Hi guys,
    A new ZL owner here. I've been looking a the ZL for a while and I saw the right one at the right price and went for it.
    My ZL is one with a difference.... It's got a GPZ1100 engine installed.
    It's a non runner right now and needs a little fettling to get it right. Also I will be needing a few parts to get it all present and correct- like a back seat for the wife.
    Anyway It looks like you've got a great forum here, I look forward to getting to know you all.

2. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Welcome! Good luck with the project.

3. Trojan441

Trojan441 Active Member

Welcome, Sounds interesting, whereabouts RU ? I am now located in the South East basically as far as you can get, but originate from the North West of England! So no shaft-drive for you then!

4. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Any chance of some picture :cool:.

ZRX1100 engined ZL here...with one waiting to be converted to a GPZ1100:thumbsup:.
    Just west of London.

5. Speed Engels

Speed Engels New Member

I'll Put some pics up as soon as I can. I'm waiting for the bike to be delivered - it arrives on Saturday.:D

Trojan, I'm in the Midlands, pretty much as near the middle of the country as you can get, between Rugby and Northampton. And no it's not chain drive, whoever fitted the engine converted it to shaft.

What Filters/Jets Have you got in your ZRX Gary? Mine has got severe starting/running issues and I believe it's down to the carbs not being set up properly.

It's going to need a lot of work to get it right. The electrics look like they've been done by a blind mans dogs best friend and there's been some butchery around the back end. But getting the bike running right is my first priority.

6. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

Welcome to the site.

7. vinny

vinny Senior Member

Will be interested in your pictures when she arrives.
    Is it a ZL 900 that you have?
    Because you mentioned the rear seat for the Mrs - aZL100 is a one piece seat.

8. Speed Engels

Speed Engels New Member

Only a couple.of days and I'll get my hands on my new beast .
    It started life as a ZL 900, so am I wrong in thinking the seat from a ZL 1000 will fit. I may end up making my own as they seem to be a bit rare this side of the pond.

9. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Seats are totally different. But anything can be modified with a big enough hammer!