1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

I saw someone's bike here, that had Fork Boot Gaiters on their ZL900! That was so sweet! Had not thought of that, who is that? Do you have a part number? I have to redo the front fork seals and would like to do that at the same time! Help? Thanks in advance!

2. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I live in Central FL. With the high humidity fork gaiters cause the forks to rust. They trap moisture. I removed them from my bikes that came with them. Also the ones on my truck.

3. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

Put them on my ZL1000 when I first had it as I used it all year round. It was to protect them from the salt that's put on the road here when it's cold.

4. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

I live on the west coast (Tampa/ Saint Pete area). Deltona? Not real central. Was in Deltona last month.

Ok so not a good idea here!?

5. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

Do you really wanna your Eliminator look like this? :puke:
    tmp_18474-phpThumb_generated_thumbnailjpg358910781.jpg

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Popz: I've lived in Deltona for 32 years. I've seen it go from 20,000 people to 110 K. Have you ever goan to Bike Week Daytona or Biketoberfeast. We have about 4 other members in the Tampa/St Pete area.

PTPopz813 likes this.
  7. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

I'd roll that beemer in a heartbeat! Like the toasters with the chrome sides a bit better but I still think it is a fine ride.
    To each his own.

8. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Back in the eary 70s my friend's Dad had a BMW motor rigged up to his outside air compressor. :laughing7:.

9. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:The only gaiters I like are 'alligators'...:laughing7:

PTPopz813 likes this.
  10. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

I have not gone to them... Active members?

11. 87kawzl

87kawzl Senior Member

Alligators.......mmmmmm, hungry.

PTPopz813 likes this.
  12. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: Not sure when the last time any of them was on the Forum. One members name is Dan. We have met up & did a few rides. Once to St Augustine & twice for Bike Week. ZL fancy paint lives near you. I'd have to look up the other members. I had a gator boat for dinner this past FRI. It's about a pound of gator tail. One time years ago we was at our local MX track & this cray guy not known to me caught a gator & put it in his truck. Later that night he was handing out fresh cooked gator. :laughing7:. I wanted nothing to do with it.

PTPopz813 likes this.