1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice
  1. probike

probike New Member

What's a good header to put on a 86 zl900 without breaking the bank
    And what's the resetting consist of?

2. kvalheim

kvalheim Well-Known Member

D@D made one years ago but they are hard to find. One of our members still has a brand new one and will not sell it. I wish that i would have keep my stock exhaust when i put my 4 into one header on.

3. GaryD

GaryD Active Member

I have no idea whey Kawasaki decided to put the frame tubes right in front of the exhausts but it means you need custom made down pipes!

4. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: It is madmancr500 that has a NOS D&D exhaust system. I could of had a complete ZL 10 OEM exhaust that was in like new condition. I told the guy if he was scraping it out I wanted it. I managed to get the mufflers & 1 header pipe. He sold all 3 of his ZL 10 & put a dozen boxs of spare parts in the trash. :pain10:. I thought X pipes still offered complete exhaust for the ZL 9/10.

5. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Oh how it hurts to read of the demise of those parts!

6. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: I've told that story here many times over. :laughing7:. And it still sickens me. :laughing7:.

kvalheim and markus56 like this.
  7. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: What is really bad is he had some NOS parts that went in the trash. :pain10:.

8. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

That's sad......

9. R. J.

R. J. Senior Member

:hello: What's even sader is he could of called me to ask me if I wanted all them parts.

10. VmaxRider

VmaxRider Active Member

I've got a D&D on one of my 900's and am planning on going back to stock exhaust once the bike comes up to its turn to be put on the lift for a makeover.....

kvalheim likes this.
  11. PTPopz813

PTPopz813 Member

it is that funky crossover part that is junk on my bike... all rusted out!

12. markus56

Power Chamber? I have one if you are in need!