1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Engine Guards/Highway bar for ZL1000

ARCHIVE_Jeepsdad Nov 18, 2006

1. ARCHIVE_Jeepsdad

ARCHIVE_Jeepsdad Guest

Hi there, does anyone know where I can get my hands on an engine guard/highway bar for my ZL1000?

I have looked everywhere online.

Thanks

Mike

2. ARCHIVE_furchin

ARCHIVE_furchin Guest

engine guards

Mike, they are not available anywhere. I had to take a set off of one of my Eli's to have a metal fabricator duplicate another set so I could put them on my second Eli. He did a great job. You can't tell the difference between the two. It cost more than I had hoped but at least I got the second set. I had though about having this guy mass produce them but that means taking them back off and that is a real pain in the rear. If you can find someone in your area that will let you duplicate them you may be in business. Good Luck. Furchin

3. ARCHIVE_Rossco1

ARCHIVE_Rossco1 Guest

They do come up from time to time on eBay ... there was a set on there only 3 weeks ago ....

See ... http://tinyurl.com/y887a6

Other than having a set fabricated, all I can suggest is keeping a watch on eBay and/or posting on as many of the "Eliminator" forums as you can.

I wish you luck and patience with your search, I managed to get a set for my ZL1000 off eBay some time ago.

4. ARCHIVE_nicash

ARCHIVE_nicash Guest

I have a set !!! Offer???

5. ARCHIVE_nicash

ARCHIVE_nicash Guest

Not In The Best Of Shape !!! Need A Sand Blast, Then Powder Coat?