1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ELIMINATOR REPRODUCTION DECALS

R. J. Jun 27, 2019

1. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: No!!! and No!!! I'm not arguing with anyone. Did you read post # 76. I'm just citing the facts. I have a second confirmation. My friend Jeff bought a 1986 ZL 900 A2 in 1988 brand new off the show room floor from Kawasaki of Daytona. It has KAWASAKI with out lined white letters on the fuel tank and it has never been painted.

2. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Sun faded

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Must of been to the beach one to many times. :laughing7:.

4. barber1303

barber1303 New Member

Any ignition decals in the works?

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: No but I do have one that I got from MARKUS.

6. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

It's worth a million bucks!

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I don't know what I did with it. :laughing7:. I seen repo ones on E-bay but they was listed for a different KAW but they looked to be the same. I remember now I gave it away. :angryfire:.

8. barber1303

barber1303 New Member

Ok...bummer...looking for a ignition decal. Looks like I can buy a ignition cover off ebay, but seems like overkill just to get the decal. Let me know if anyone has one for sale.

Thanks,

Chris

9. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Member

Here is a picture one of RJ's decals I got. Not bike decals but cool. Had to adjust original setup to fit the helmet lines.

Attached Files:

R. J. likes this.
  10. reddobie0

reddobie0 Well-Known Member

screenshot.png
    I have 2 that I got from Markus years ago.

11. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I redone our EL 250 spare rear fender decals mostly because I had the Daily Safety Checks decal made 1/2" larger in size. So I had to replace all the decals. I used acetone to remove the glue from the fender. It did not harm the paint. Then I rubbed out the paint on the fender with fine cut glaze rubbing compound. Do not use wax because the decals will not stick to the painted surface all that well. When putting on decals first remove the backing. Starting at one edge with the other edge raised up and at the same time align the decal. Then slowly rub your finger up and down pressing hard as you lay the decal onto the surface. This will prevent air bubbles from getting between the decal and the mating surface. Lastly I rub each decal again starting from the middle and work my way out to all 4 corners. On really large decals I use soapy water in a spray bottle. First spray the surface lightly misting the surface from the middle outward. Then lay the decal down onto the surface from one edge to the other. Using a plastic squeegee squee the decal from the center outward to all 4 corners. You may have to raise the decal then lay it back down in order to get out really big bubbles. Repeat said process until all the air is out from under the decal. U-TUBE has a lot how to videos on installing decals and graphics. The decals are blurry in all the pics because I can't hold the camera still. __________________________________________________________________________________ IMG_7946.JPG IMG_7947.JPG IMG_7948.JPG

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  12. 87kawzl

87kawzl Supporting Member

If you ever get the inkling to have a chrome sticker made for the 1K splitter cover I think you would see some action. There are probably other models that use that one as well. I will eventually get the stickers for under the seat in case I ever get a respray. Probably a couple of the straight Kawasaki decals just because. I'll let you know.

13. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: OK. I have 8 sets left as of now. I've had 4 orders so far.

14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Do do a complete bike it takes 12 decals. $72. or $6 each. At $6 each I'm breaking even on the cost. I'm now taking orders for the two decals that have the VIN # on. I don't want to make to many trips to the Decal shop (35 miles) so I need the orders in the next week.

15. 87kawzl

I will be in on frame neck decals. I will get you info through conversation and let you know what other decals I would want. Thanks.

16. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: OK: Thanks. The VIN decals will be a bit more money because they are one of a kind. I'm guessing around $12 each. I'm getting 2 sets made for my ZL 10 just to have spares.

17. 87kawzl

Can you inquire about the splitter cover? Getting some shine on that sure would be nice and it seems like your source is very reasonable on price.

18. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Great idea! I'd be in for a half dozen of those if they ever happen. They'd need to be shiny!

Krj likes this.
  19. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Are you saying to do just a flat chrome face decal sort of a face plate. IMG_7968.JPG

20. 87kawzl

Yup the surround and Kaw letters like the original looked in a chrome sticker.