1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

ELIMINATOR REPRODUCTION DECALS

R. J. Jun 27, 2019

1. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Yes, I have caliper decals left.

2. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: OK: PM me on a price quanity of 12, what shipping would be and your paypal account. I'm getting 8 brake calibers powder coated silver. Thanks so very much.

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Tachometer Break In decal. $6 each or $5 when you buy a complete set. These are the same size as OEM. IMG_7733.JPG IMG_7737.JPG

4. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I found a black ZL 900 brochure. Not sure on the year. It has white decals on the fuel tank and side covers just like ZL Marks on the HOME page slide show. Is it original.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I sold my first complete set of ZL 9 decals to a FRENCH men and a partial set to a true Southern man. :wav:. Here are pics of the 1988-94 EL 250 swing arm decals. Pic one are OEM and pic 2 are my reproduction design. The OEM ones don't even compare to my repos. I also now have solid white KAWASKI decals. $6 each or $5 when you buy a complete set for any ZL. I don't have much of anything done for the ZL 6 because I don't own one. How hard is it to shoot pics and post them up. :laughing7:. Also is any one going to answer my question about ZL MARKS black ZL 9 from post #64 or am I going to have to through another temper tantrum. :laughing7:. Does Chris still have it or did he sell it. I know he was thinking about it. Again the pics are blurred. ______________________________________________________________________ IMG_7738.JPG IMG_7741.JPG IMG_7740.JPG

6. JohnH#II

JohnH#II Member

RJ. I want a set of the solid white KAWASAKI and a set of white outline KAWASAKI. You can PM me a total. I still have a PayPal link for you.

I don't have a zl600 to take pictures of but trust me, if I find one around me I will buy it or at least take some pictures. Naw...... I will buy it.

7. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello:OK: PM me your address. Did I sell you ZL-oa decals.

8. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  9. prfixer

prfixer Senior Member Supporting Member

Optical illusion. The Eliminator decals were always chrome. Always silver outline on the Kawasaki decal.

10. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I thought some ZL 9s also used silver with a black out line on the tank. I used a 10 X magnifying glass on that ZL 9 brochure and the tank decals are white and so are the side covers. I'll try to find it and post up the page.

11. prfixer

I’ll be convinced of that when somebody can pony up an NOS tank or side cover as you describe

R. J. likes this.
  12. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Me too. :notworthy:.

13. markus56

markus56 ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

Me too.

R. J. likes this.
  14. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: I had some of both 900s ELIMINATOR side covers done in white anyway. A Member has already bought a set in white. I have 10 of each done in chrome. They look bitchen. :laughing7:.

15. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

16. Fern

Fern Supporting Member

Hey RJ, I got that ad too when I bought my ZL. The tank lettering is in white and the side letters are in silver on the black ZL. The scan you have does look like all letters are in white. But holding the ad and looking at it, the letters on side panels are indeed silver. The scan might not have captured the colors correctly for the side panels.

17. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

:hello:Like prfixer said: optical illusion. Why are you looking @ this .co.za-page? We have it here on the side: https://www.zl-oa.com/community/threads/zl900-1985-sales-brochure.17092/

Those decals were mass production, I don't think they made a set in white...Japs may be crazy sometimes, but no that much:laughing7:; the chrome ones for the red ZL9 side covers shouldabeen made in black for a better contrast.

18. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: OK: Thanks FERN.:notworthy:. So it is confirmed. The black 1986 ZL 900 A2 fuel tank decals came with white outline KAWASAKI and the ELIMINATOR decal came in silver/chrome. Here is a pic of the ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER decal for all ZL 9/10. Part # 56031-1428. Location is on the air box air filter cover. Which is on the left side of the air box. $6 each or $5 when you buy a complete set. ______________________________________ IMG_7885.JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
  19. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Partzilla had an ENGINE OIL AND OIL FILTER decal part # 56031-1428 so they said. When it came in the mail it ended up being part # 56033-0067. I called the and they said that the one that they sent me superseded the original one.___________________________ IMG_7888.JPG

20. prfixer

Wow. Once you get your head stuck, it’s really stuck isn’t it? The only difference between the 85 and 86 tanks was that the 86 got the multi-colored flying wing. Both black tanks had the Kawasaki in black with a silver outline.

wuputt likes this.