1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminator Registry..

Bacchus Feb 19, 2011

1. Bacchus

Bacchus Senior Member Supporting Member

hey guys I started a thread over on the vmaxforums.net site that has kinda morphed into a '85 vmax registry... take a look at the thread and let me know if you guys would like to have one going for our ZL's... we could do the same thing and this would only require your user name, the last four of your bike's vin, and some condition info i.e. stock, modified, runner, parts bike, project, or similar. Based on the vmax registry it does seem to be providing some whare-abouts as to total production being in the neighborhood of 5000+ units... would be great to get some more info as to ZL numbers as well..

post up and let me know if you would like to have a zl registry started..!

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?p=179568&posted=1#post179568

2. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

i think the registry is cool, but undecided if i want to do it. i'm funny about advertising any part of my zl's vin #'s i may join in if there is enough interest from other members.

3. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

Honestly who could do what with a VIN# thats easily viewable by looking thru someones windsheild?

I have always wanted to start a regsitry... lets do it

4. CHRIS

CHRIS ZL-OA Co-owner Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

ok, i'm in, lets do it. i'll get numbers up today

5. CHRIS

1986 ZL900 / 5093 / MODIFIED

1985 ZL900 / 1363 / MODIFIED

1985 ZL900 / 1572 / STOCK

1985 ZL900 / 0970 / (ZL-14 PROJECT) HEAVILY MODIFIED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

posting for dad's zl's (MARTY)

1986 ZL 600 / 4673 / STOCK

1986 ZL600 / 1424 / PARTS BIKE

6. tscott427ss

tscott427ss Well-Known Member

85 ZL900 stock #2626
    85 Zl900 modified #4294

7. kawboy

kawboy Supporting Member Technical Author

'87 ZL1000 #2540

internally stock engine
    de-cruiser-ized

8. Mxboost

Mxboost Senior Member Supporting Member

87 Zl1000 #2209 All stock.

9. Illby1

Illby1 Senior Member Supporting Member

1985 ZL900 #1190. All Stock

10. SO CAL ZL

SO CAL ZL Well-Known Member Supporting Member

GREAT CALL BACCHUS.....in my opinion that action is faaar too long overdue ...LET'S DO IT WITHOUT FAIL!!

Mark's got it correct! In affect we've been restrained from doing this very thing by virtue of the ominus threat of WHAT...?? Hell...a growning number of the classic car sites have registry listings for their members' benefit......it's absurd and paranoic that we shouldn't do the same.

Does it make good sense to designate if a listed bike is a US-49 State, CAL, or Canada model, etc.,? It seems the more definitive we can be, the better all around understanding we have as to how Kawasaki's serial numbers may have been assigned. To this point we've done a considerable amount of wild-ass guessing, with no real benchmark key to reason from other than what is printed on the back side of the Shop Manual regarding production runs. It's all been conjecture to this point in time.

For that matter, it's an added selling point to motivate first time visitors to join the group and register their surviving machines.

Let's hear some others chime in on this whole topic....I'm hot on this deal...BIG TIME...!!!

SO CAL ZL

11. Jarney

Jarney Strip Warrior Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Supporting Member

And to give a little peace of mind to those that may be worried, maybe this thread should be moved to the "Private Members Only" section so it can't be viewed by the general public? Just an idea. Later.

12. rkerg

rkerg Senior Member

'85 zl900 #0346

13. desertrefugee

desertrefugee Well-Known Member

1985 / ZL900 / 1125 / Modified

14. SO CAL ZL

SO CAL ZL Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Here's an additional thought...along with all the other data proposed for this registry, how about a column indicating the Production Date be included as well?

SO CAL ZL

15. snap2it

snap2it Well-Known Member

85 ZL900 #527 Modified, Lower 49

16. desertrefugee

desertrefugee Well-Known Member

Also, is it possible to provide "write access" to a table of sorts here?

It occurred to me that, rather than requiring an adminstrator to painstakingly transpose these entries, just some editing would be required...

(Plus, we' all be sure to include the necessary ingredients...like I forgot my "NON_California" origin)

17. mudrunner88

mudrunner88 Webmaster Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator Technical Author Supporting Member

Yeah the two of us chatted about this before. Should we try to make a database or spread sheet of this so it's easy to sort through?

What about adding it to the users profile page.

18. SandstoneSmitty

SandstoneSmitty Well-Known Member Supporting Member

SandstoneSmitth / 1986 / ZL900-A2 / 5786 / Stock

19. zlMark

zlMark Cult Leader

I'd like to create a seperate DB just for this. Vb 4.1.2 is out. i really wanted to upgrade to this but looking at all the un-resolved bugs is scaring me off,,lol

20. lowlife

lowlife ZL Mad Scientist Technical Author Supporting Member

I'm in but it will take a bit to get the numbers