1. Guest,
    We need good tech writers that are willing to help out here at ZL-OA. If you like taking photos of jobs as you perform the steps on your repairs, have historical ads/documents from old magazines, or any else you think belongs in the Technical Library than you might be able to help. Send a private message to Furchin, Mudrunner88, Chris, Jarney, Wuputt, or Markus56 and we can lead you in the right direction to get started.
    Dismiss Notice

EL 250 forks

ColinG Apr 13, 2019

1. ColinG

ColinG Active Member

Hi guys. I've spent ages searching but cannot find the info for how much fork oil to add after replacing my seals.
    Does anyone know ?

2. Harriminator

Harriminator Senior Member

219 ml. SAE 15W

3. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: Here is the spec sheet. IMG_7284.JPG IMG_7283.JPG

Harriminator likes this.
  4. ColinG

ColinG Active Member

Thanks for a speedy response guys.
    Two slightly dfferent answers though.
    My bike is a D4 registered in the UK in 1996 which could mean there is a slight difference from the spec in your manual R.J.
    I'm gonna try it with the 15w (simply because I have some on the shelf).
    The oil that was in them was quite badly emulsified and seemed more viscous than the 15w does, but I'll see how it goes.
    The retaining clips that fit on top of the seals were badly corroded so I have ordered a new pair.
    I'll try and take some pics, just as a bit of info, when I get back in the shed.

5. R. J.

R. J. Supporting Member

:hello: My 250 Eliminator Service Supplement manual covers all EL 250. IMG_7290.JPG